Fountain Officer Involved Shooting, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

This is a real shame and sad since it is on Veteran's Day. The 25 year old man told police on scene that he lived on the Fort Carson army base just on the other side of I-25 from where he crashed, waved his gun shooting it, and was eventually shot.

Last edited:

dw2872

Good interoperability between EPSO and FPD, by the way.

According to my archives of Fountain PD talk group 4812, officers were dispatched to the traffic accident with the man shooting his gun at 5:10 pm. A female officer arrived within 4 minutes and said, "Hurry up. He has a gun to his head."

Fountain dispatch patched "Fountain PD dispatch" TG-4812 into "EPSO C3" TG-4941 at 5:21 pm so anything after that was archived on Bob's feed.

EPSO deputies came up on "EPSO C3" TG and began arriving just before the shooting and started blocking off roads in the area.

The officer involved shooting happened at exactly 5:30 pm (per the time stamp on my PC archives).

The FPD-EPSO C3 patch was taken down by Fountain dispatch at 8:06 pm. During the time the patch was up, BOTH agencies had a dedicated dispatcher on the patch, monitoring and servicing officers on scene.

Last edited:

dw2872

I've uploaded the audio of the incident on the MNN Yahoo page, here (if the link does not work, then you'll have to find it on the MNN Yahoo page): http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/uNyBUp... PD officer involved shooting on Veterans Day

This audio spans over a half an hour but is compressed into 4 minutes and 42 seconds (no dead air).

The recording of Fountain PD dispatch to the accident and man shooting his gun starts at 5:10 pm. The patch from FPD to EPSO C3 begins 11 minutes later and then the ambulance (Fountain Medic-1) call to the Memorial ER is at the end of this recording at 5:44 pm.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
U/D: Male in the officer involved shooting yesterday has died from his injuries.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.