Colorado State Patrol cadet killed near Longmont as he tried to save tow truck driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
He should be awarded for his selfless act serving his community as a cadet and honored given full credentials as a trooper by the governer and state police chief. Rip.

teufler

This would be nice, course there is probably a precedence that may have to be followed. I am sure that his family will get state benefits as even a cadet, he was a state employee. If he had any children, they will get social security benefits.

Moosemedic

Broadcastify

Was the archive edited?
All I've heard is the Trooper calling for Medical and then some updates, but there are some clicks, and nothing else.

Also, curious that the Denver Dispatch stated "Mountain View en-route" but this is Longmont.
Did they send the wrong agency initially?

Last edited:
It's Mt View Fire Rescue's District. Longmont will usually be called mutual aid depending on the call. Longmont Station 3 and 4 aren't too far.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
The 66 and County Line intersection is technically not within the City of Longmont. The city limits to the east stop at the end of the Sundance subdivision. Of course, for something of this size (it was quite a mess up there, not 2 minutes from my place), they pitch in.

Mountain View's closest two stations are at Pike and County Line (10) and up in Mead (3). Longmont 3 and 4 are close than either of those, though.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
My bad. Should have remembered that given that I work right behind the new Station 1 at the BCSO/Longmont PD firing range. Was actually very glad to see them arrive there. Prior to that, it would have been a long call to that location from anywhere else in the event that we'd have needed assistance.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It might be worth checking out the Longmont feed as Longmont PD/FD were well involved in the initial incident. Longmont FD ran the call as a Injury Accident rather than a Mutual Aid with an Engine and Medic from Station 4 around 8:01, an additional Medic from Station 1 at 8:05, and an additional Engine from Station 3 at 8:07.

Status
Not open for further replies.