RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Control Freqs. for Mount Thorodin Site #105

I used to monitor Thornton and ADCO Sheriff, and have a PRO-96. After the band change I dutifully placed the 9 Mount Thorodin control freqs. into the radio, and low and behold it worked, for an hour. I checked the main control freq, 853.975, in manual and it sounded like a control freq, but with no activity. I tried again a few days ago and got activity on 853.975 for about 20 minutes, and then dead air. So I'm obviously missing a control freq. somewhere, or doing somthing else stupid. Any suggestions from those who monitor Thornton and ADCO? Thanks -
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2008, 11:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Remember the scanners do the work for you so you just need a control channel and not all the freqs.

Mt Thorodin Site 105 is 853.975

They are also using the 700MHz Thornton control channel more these days as well.

Jim<
Old 08-31-2008, 9:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks, right 853.975. And, if .975 is active, monitoring it in manual there are lots of hits with the corresponding percentage of digital quality. But at some point it just stops being active, and not just for Thornton, but ADCO Sheriff also. From what I've been reading here, I should just stop banging my head against the wall looking for another control freq, bite the bullet, and buy the new GRE and scan the 700s. Its just been very frustrating.
Old 09-01-2008, 1:07 AM

That's what I did (got the 500) cause I was tired of missing things. I used to have a PRO96, but felt like I was in the dark when they hit the 700mhz towers.