Services For Weld County Paramedic Ryan Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
I taught and served with Ryan many years ago...this was a complete shock.

From the COEMS Listserv:

http://obit.allnutt.com/obitdisplay.html?id=625686&listing=Current

Ryan Jeffrey Weeks, 30, beloved son, brother, uncle, fiancé, respected paramedic, friend to all and treasured forever died on Thursday, January 15, 2009 in Greeley. He was born August 25, 1978 in Washington D.C.

Ryan graduated from Greeley West High School where he played both baseball and football. He was athletic, disciplined, and competitive. From there, he went on to play baseball for Garden City Community College in Garden City, Kansas. Shortly after college, Ryan decided to go into Emergency Medical Services. He dedicated over 10 years of his life to serving and saving others. Ryan always had a love for the outdoors. Rain or shine, he could be found on the rivers of the Rockies. Ryan was an expert fly fisherman; he loved tying flies, and was an excellent teacher.

Ryan found the love of his life in March 2008, and proposed on a mountain top. He was planning a wedding for September 2009. Ryan was a family man, devoted to his parents, sisters and their husbands, niece and nephews, fiancé, the Weld County Ambulance, and the Greeley Police Department S.W.A.T. Ryan was a joy to be around and touched the hearts of many. He will be greatly missed.

He is survived by his parents, Jeffrey and Christy Weeks of Greeley; two sisters and their husbands, Jamie and Chris Barber of Westminster and Candace and Josh Gindl of Greeley; one niece and three nephews, Sophie and Brooks Barber, and Braxton and Beau Gindl; his beloved fiancé, Amanda Weigand; and his grandparents, Robert and Marian King of Lincoln, NE and Hubert Weeks of Fresno, CA; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.

He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparent, Carolyn Weeks and maternal great-grandmother, Laura Keim.

Services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 21, at the Greeley Wesleyan Church; 3600 W. 22nd Street.

Memorial gifts may be made to the Ryan Weeks memorial scholarship fund in care of Allnutt; 702 13th St., Greeley, CO 80631.

Copied and Pasted from Memorial Announcement

Jeff Schanhals,
Northeast Colorado RETAC

ryebread91

Ryan Weeks

Hi. My name is Ryan, and I knew Ryan Weeks and just found out about his death. I was wondering if you knew what happened...

Thanks
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.