MNN Incident Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Mountain NewsNet, Inc Colorado’s Emergency Incident Notification Service was established in 1992 by a small group of very dedicated scanners listeners and continues to be operated today by many of those same dispatchers and members. Our membership has grown to over 500 across the state, including most all of the major front range print, radio and TV media.

Many have expressed concern on where the pages went since the merging of scanamerica with radio reference.

No changes in the least we are still in-business and actively dispatching everyday but the complementary twitter feed, with a one hour delay, we were providing to scan America has just been ceased.

Timely incident pages can be received on any email address, cell phone, alphanumeric pager or blackberry/pda type device and subscription is only $30.00 per/year (less than 8 cents per/day) for personal members and a media/commercial subscription rate plan also is available.

Severe weather pages directly from NWS offices in Colorado and delivered to you are also available to active subscribers free of any additional charges.

Incident updates providing further information on many of the incidents pages can also be obtained by subscribing to the MNN list service at mnn-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you are interested in being included or even just trying a free 30 day trial please contact me at anytime directly.

Thank you!

Jim< MNN-001
Mountain NewsNet, Inc
jimmnn@comcast.net

Sample Recent Pages:

Grand County UT: DS Rd just west of CO border at N 38 57 W 109 03, C/G for ATV T/A with rptd uncon rider..Glade Park FD/Mesa Co SO/GJFD enr, CareFlight GJ in the area..154.40 155.49 (009)

SVR TSTRM WRNG - S DGLS CNTY IN NE CO UNTL 400P : AT 310P NWS 88D INDCTD A SVR STRM CAPBL OF PRDCNG ONE INCH DIAMETER HAIL. THIS STRM WAS LOCATED 5 MI NORTH OF PERRY PARK OR 28 MI S OF DNVR MVNG SE AT 10.

Flash Flood Warning : GJT@ 7/3/2009 14:36:41 BODY: FLASH FLD WRNG - NE DELTA CNTY IN WEST C CO NE MESA CNTY IN WEST C CO NW GUNNISON CNTY IN C CO SE GARFIELD CNTY IN WEST C CO SW EAGLE CNTY IN C CO W PITKIN CNTY IN C CO UNTL 530P : AT 229P DPLR RDR INDCTD SLOW MVNG STRMS WITH VERY HVY RAINFALL ACROSS THE WARNED AREA

Strong TStrm developing over NW Douglas County will move eastward at around 10-15 mph producing mod/hvy rainfall and possibly large hail up to 0.75". Storm currently 8mi west of Castle Rock

Pitkin County: CO-133 is closed West of Redstone due to flooding and numerous mud slides across the road, attempting to evac some camg ground near the base of McClure Pass now. O/F 151.085 (001)

Weld County U/D: Cmd requesting North Metro Medic-66 mutual aid,
Frederick/Firestone, Mtn View, Longmont and now Berthoud and AMR as well. (001)

Broomfield County: I-25 near CO-7 a multi-car accident with lane blockage as
well, North Metro transferring command to Mtn View but remaining onscene to
assist. O/F DTRS, Online (001)

Weld County: NB I-25 MM-243 (CO-66) a 4 car with blockage and MM-244 NB also
interstate is closed for another 3 car accident. O/F DTRS, Online (001)

Colo Springs: Armed Robbery on Circle Drive bolo for 3 armed males with masks
possibly headed back to a South Clay address in Denver. (001)

Mountain NewsNet, Colorado's Incident Notification System. Please report what
you hear: 303-628-4601. Questions: jimmnn@comcast.net All messages sent via this
system are copyright protected and not to be redistributed in any form without
permission. Have a great day!

Denver: Florida & Irving T/A R/O with entrapment. O/F 06-027, Online

Breckenridge: Corporate helo crash on Quandary Peak, 2 pts one stable and one
flown to SAC. /001

El Paso Cnty: Next to BODY: El Paso Cnty: Next to 7347 Chelsea Way working S/F struck by lightning. Falcon FD o/s. EP800 Red, C2 online. 191

Denver: 4500 Block of Fillmore overnight a fatal officer involved shooting. O/F
Den-800, Online (001)

Pitkin County: Cowboy kicked in the head at the Snowmass Rodeo tonight
transported trauma red to Aspen Hosp now fixed wing flight from Sardy Field to DG. O/F
155.250, Online (001)

Jefferson County: 44th & Mcintyre Fairmount Fd o/s of a veh in the lake, ATL on
occupants DTR 082)

Den: Colo & Lou T/A W/ RTD bus involved have to pop drivers door to remove him.
DG also enroute. O/F DFD ch 4 C-4 in command /005/

Denver: Colfax and Quebec with injs involving an amb now req AIB response as
well. O/F Den-800, Online (001)

Arap County: Cherry Creek Dam Road remains closed for investigation of a fatal
M/C accident which occured about 0530hrs. (001)

Ft Collins: Prospect & Spec Point T/A car vs tree with heavy extrication
required. O/F DTRS, Online /499/001

Lake County: unk type rescue FSR Rd ? LCSO/FD & EMS with ops on MAC-9 (082)

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Many times when I inform scanner enthusiast about the MNN, I often receive a question back, "Why should I subscribe to the MNN? I have a scanner."

Here are some my answers:

-Do you always have your scanner on 24/7? "No." This is exactly why you should have this service. The MNN will alert you in real-time of incidents that are happening NOW! MNN alerts give the subscriber incident details along with the operating frequencies. This takes all the guess work out trying to monitor the incident.

-Subscribing to the MNN enhances your overall monitoring experience. For instance, if your monitoring a specific agency, and an event occurs somewhere else or on another system you do not actively monitor, the MNN alert will make you aware of this event, now you have the choice to re-configure your scanner to monitor the paged event.

luke-1

To add to Eriks post...

MNN is not just Colorado events. Major events around the entire country, even anywhere in the world get paged.

If you want to keep up on current events, MNN is a must.

CRfan1

Premium Subscriber
What happend to the 5280Firemnn pages? I have enjoyed the Mnn page and the website.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
What happend to the 5280Firemnn pages? I have enjoyed the Mnn page and the website.

We were experiencing abuse of the pages posted to the blog so it's currently only open to Mountain NewsNet subscribers.

Thanks Jim<

CRfan1

Premium Subscriber
Ok well I'm currently trying to find a way to fit the yearly payment to sign up for the service. I just went to see if an event was posted and i didn't find the pages. Thanks for the quick response.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is there the ability to filter these events to that if I live in, say Denver, I only receive pages in Denver?

Correct me if I am wrong, but my impression from the past has been that a subscriber to this service receives every page for every event in Colorado. This not ideal for someone like myself who isn't interested in that much information and would find the service more of a nuisance than anything if that's the case.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
All or nothing correct we cover the entire state of Colorado and major incidents nationwide as well but total pages per-day still average only about 8 or 10, not bad in the end.

And dispatcher criteria is pretty firm as well such as house fires for example don't get paged on initial dispatch we wait until units arrive and confirm a working fire; likewise with T/A's they need to involve multi-patients, extrication or scene chopper go's to be sent etc.

Jim<

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Blogspot

....and what is handy about the blog of MNN pages is this: It's a Blogspot service from Google. Once your invite is approved, you can stay logged on if you pick up your Google mail, use Google docs, or regularly blog on your own Google blogger. Any Google service you log onto logs you on to every Google service. Also, the chat feature in the GMail browser page could be an MNN 'situation room' for dispatchers receiving info from the field for the tops in accurate information.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Is there anyway mssgs could be sent to IM'ers? I'm in front of a computer most of the time. Cell phone is kinda a pain, don't own a blackberry, email has to be refreshed and I don't want a pager. :lol:

There has to be a software that can forward these mssgs to Instant messages. It would be awesome to have the message pop up using Trillion or digisby while I'm on the comp. :) E-mail (in theory) would work in this fashion, but it's more of a "you got mail" alert.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Is there anyway mssgs could be sent to IM'ers? I'm in front of a computer most of the time. Cell phone is kinda a pain, don't own a blackberry, email has to be refreshed and I don't want a pager. :lol:

There has to be a software that can forward these mssgs to Instant messages. It would be awesome to have the message pop up using Trillion or digisby while I'm on the comp. :) E-mail (in theory) would work in this fashion, but it's more of a "you got mail" alert.
GMail never has to be refreshed, each incoming message arrives realtime, with a notification on the browser's tab.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider

Jim, Eric and I have been discussing ways to do this through Twitter. The problem I have found is finding a RELIABLE, "one-stop" method for the dispatchers to use. If the dispatchers can send a page, a group e-mail and a twitter post with just keystroke, we could do it. We can do two of the three, but interfacing with Twitter isn't easy.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I guess Digsby would be the way to go too.

Digsby = IM + Email + Social Networks

I have a gmail account but seldom use it. I use the SMTP feature with Thunderbird.

Just feel it would be cool to have the messg pop up on notification without having to be signed in to email all the time. :lol:

Edit- I might try using VMware's Thinapp to make this sucker portable. :D

Last edited:

dougbaker

I would sign up for MNN if you had twitter. I use twitter mostly to get breaking news events now from cnn, msnbc, etc.

So for me, one place to get news updates.

It was quite helpful to get the updates on the earthquakes.
Twitter goes to both my computer, which I sit at most of the time and my phone.

Although I have not looked at the API (application programming interface) for Twitter, If I ever get unburied building software application (my day job) I will research it.

I may be able to offer a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.