RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 2:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation Civil Air Patrol Moving 148.125 MHz

Last week I found that the Civil Air Patrol has started swapping out the VHF repeaters.

Abajo Peak (SE Utah/W of Cortez) was Narrowband, and now operating on 148.125 (unsure on the input), also heard on the evening net that Black Ridge (w of Grand Junction) would be done the following day.

Chuck
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2009, 2:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Does anyone have a list of the OLD CAP Rptr Sites [Freq/Tones]

That way we can match them [one for one] to the new Freq's and Tones
as they hold a NET or an FTX. Tones will change as well.

The inputs have changed as well, still in the 143 Band tho.

148.1250 will become the Primary Rptr channel
148.1500 will now be a Secondary Rptr channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0nhj View Post
Last week I found that the Civil Air Patrol has started swapping out the VHF repeaters.

Abajo Peak (SE Utah/W of Cortez) was Narrowband, and now operating on 148.125 (unsure on the input), also heard on the evening net that Black Ridge (w of Grand Junction) would be done the following day.

Chuck
Old 07-20-2009, 9:44 PM

Over the past couple of years, CAP has gotten very sensitive about disclosing frequencies. It would actually be an operational security violation for any CAP member to disclose the frequencies.
Old 07-21-2009, 8:38 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There are many other sources other than CAP to obtain the frequencies, one of them involved Monitoring and Searching.

Many Scannists have lists of the old info, which would help in mapping out the conversion to Narrowband.

It just takes a little time to monitor the nets and notice the change in Frequency and CTCSS tone, as well as folks training/experimenting with the P25 capabilites that CAP will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockettma View Post
Over the past couple of years, CAP has gotten very sensitive about disclosing frequencies. It would actually be an operational security violation for any CAP member to disclose the frequencies.
Old 07-21-2009, 9:24 AM

Even if there are other ways to obtain the frequencies and tones, if an organization is going out of it's way to not disclose it's frequencies, there is probably a reason behind it that should be respected. I don't see why anybody not involved in CAP activities would have an actual need (as opposed to a desire) to know.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2009, 7:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You have much to learn young-Scannist

There are all forms of monitoring that are open to monitoring [such as Civil Air Patrol] that folks monitor routinely, even with No involvement with the agency.

The same applies to your local Police, Fire and EMS. But that is getting off topic, I would urge you to browse thru more of the forms to learn more about the Radio Hobby and it's expansive opportunities for monitoring, even [dare I say] the Federal Government and Military [ O my ]

Quote:
Even if there are other ways to obtain the frequencies and tones, if an organization is going out of it's way to not disclose it's frequencies, there is probably a reason behind it that should be respected. I don't see why anybody not involved in CAP activities would have an actual need (as opposed to a desire) to know.
Old 07-22-2009, 8:13 AM

Opportunity does not equal just cause. If the sheer ability to monitor frequencies that the owners do not want you to monitor is reason enough to do it, it sounds to me like somebody needs to take some ethics classes. Integrity can be summed up as doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking (or in this case, hearing you on their frequencies).
Old 07-22-2009, 8:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:

I don't know of many organizations (LE, FD, EMS, EMD, Railroad, Utilities, FED , Military, ect..) that openly publishes their frequencies / talk groups and hopes (wants) people to listen. However, listening is a hobby for many people, and you are posting and looking around on www.radioreference.com which is the largest site on the web for scanner enthusiast to congregate and share knowledge and information. A lot of that information includes frequencies and changes to frequencies as enthusiast take notice. You are correct that most people do not have a “need to know” but rather a “desire” to know because it’s just a hobby. Look around on this site and you will find that people are interested in listening to anything you can imagine including the Civil Air Patrol which is what prompted this thread.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Like they say "In God we Trust all Others We Monitor!".

Jim<
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2009, 2:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Lightbulb 21st Century-The Era of Fear!

Crockettma,
Don't let them suck you into their cycle of fear. I seriously doubt Al-Kaa-Hey-Duuh operatives are lurking behind every tree in Colorado just to listen to or disrupt CAP communications. That mandate came from a manager high up in the government who knows that in order to keep the money flowing to support their organizational fifedoms they have to keep the populace in fear. I spent a week in Colorado back in June and the only CAP communications I heard sounded like 2-meter ham radio conversations. Pretty boring and routine stuff. It is my strong belief that if a radio signal is traveling through my body and I can intercept and decode it, it's fair game to monitor.

Mark
Old 07-23-2009, 4:50 AM

Location: RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the SAM

Next thing you know CAP will use P25 with encryption!

Civil?
Old 07-23-2009, 6:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

CAP members are prohibited from disclosing frequency data because they belong to the Air Force, and Ma Blue has rules that say they shouldn't be disclosed. No black ops helicopter conspiracies, just operational security. Since CAP does play with the AF from time to time, there you are. Members agree to follow the rules when they join...so simple integrity applies. BTW, most CAP members don't have the frequencies, just channel names.

If you can figure it out on your own, go for it.

CAP has a major state-wide exercise planned this weekend. Monitor all bands attributed to CAP and you'll probably figure out all the freqs and channels you want to know.
Old 07-23-2009, 8:18 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

What does Monitoring have to do with "Hearing You on their Frequencies"

I'm not in CAP, and have no need of transmitting on their frequencies. I do listen, which is not illegal. [ Me thinks we have a troll, anyone have some Troll-Away, mine must have worn off ]

The only time, I was on a CAP Frequency was back in the 90's when there was an MOU between CAP and another Federal Agency for interop, and then the Frequency wasn't even in the VHF [most known CAP use] but on a channel in UHF for Head-Cap [HQ] from Maxwell AFB

Quote:
Opportunity does not equal just cause. If the sheer ability to monitor frequencies that the owners do not want you to monitor is reason enough to do it, it sounds to me like somebody needs to take some ethics classes. Integrity can be summed up as doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking (or in this case, hearing you on their frequencies).
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Next thing you know CAP will use P25 with encryption

It has been tested and tired here in michigan for a few years now. Encryption is not out of the question.
rcvmo
Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Im hearing some radio checks on existing freqs now talking to denver 148.1500
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyinberthoud View Post
Im hearing some radio checks on existing freqs now talking to denver 148.1500
Thanks for getting this back on the original thread. I have heard a few checks as well but nothing on P25 yet. Still early in the day hopefully we can ID a few more.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Pl/DPL??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyinberthoud View Post
im hearing some radio checks on existing freqs now talking to denver 148.1500
Old 07-25-2009, 8:08 AM

CAP is very active this am on DTRS and 148.1500.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Colorado DB Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Does anyone have PL tone information for the analog repeaters or NACs for the P25 stuff?
Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb View Post
Does anyone have PL tone information for the analog repeaters or NACs for the P25 stuff?
On 148.1500 i'm getting a CT of 156.7.