Never heard this before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
About 0830 today Stratmoor Hills FD called CSP Pueblo dispatcher direct on CSP 2B TG 2522 to request ETA for a trooper to a T/A on CO 83 in SW Springs. First time I've ever heard another agency on any CSP freq or TG although it's common in some parts of the state for CSP to be on other agencies freqs or TGs. CSP dispatcher seemed a little surprised. I wonder if CSP dispatch monitors any MAC TG. Inquiring minds want to know!

Troop

About 0830 today Stratmoor Hills FD called CSP Pueblo dispatcher direct on CSP 2B TG 2522 to request ETA for a trooper to a T/A on CO 83 in SW Springs. First time I've ever heard another agency on any CSP freq or TG although it's common in some parts of the state for CSP to be on other agencies freqs or TGs. CSP dispatcher seemed a little surprised. I wonder if CSP dispatch monitors any MAC TG. Inquiring minds want to know!

in my area we have all the FD TGs.....although it's rare they would come up on our channel, esp to ask for a ETA..since they know that's not the best question to ever ask

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Sounds like a job for SE NET, but isn't this kind of interaction via radio exactly why DTRS exists? :)

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Larimer and Weld S.O. units will occasionally show up on the 3A and 3C Troop Talkgroups up here so it is not uncommon.

Units in the field talking in on N.E. net is extremely rare.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Units in the field talking in on N.E. net is extremely rare.

Where the OP said "Stratmoor Hills FD" that meant dispatch to me, but yeah, if it was a firefighter a NET talk group would not be where that communication would take place.

Kudos to the firefighter for knowing where the CSP TG was on his radio - and for using it! :) Again, that is exactly what the system exists for.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
As the person that was doing the talking we have developed a very good working relationship with CSP and in those situations they like the updates as far as pt condition and hosp. location but we have to be very short on our updates. took many years to get to this point. Works GREAT for us the CSP. Greenthumb not a firefighter but the CHIEF!!!!!

greenthumb

Database Admin
Greenthumb not a firefighter but the CHIEF!!!!!

Um, okay......not a necessary clarification, but okay.

Nevertheless, the direct interaction between agencies via radio is great to hear about.

MtnSquid

Trying to reach mpdonala

Hi:

I'm trying to reach mpdonala....the radioreference site won't let me send an e-mail or direct message for some reason, yet I signed up to be a member....

Wanted to know if the EPSO link being down was temporary....and if there were any plans for more than just talk group 1 & sometimes 2 being on feed.

Thanks for any help reaching mpdonala.....best regards.

Bill
MtnSquid@comcast.net

[Moderator note: you must create at least four forum posts to gain access to email or Private Messaging]

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Feed is back up. Most traffic is on Ch. 1&2. Don't know what else to listen to. I WILL NOT put on the SWAT, VNI, etc Channels. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.