Colo. Spgs. EMS to E.R. freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeddyLeeFan

When I bought my Pro2096, local frequencies were downloaded at a Radio Shack in Fountain. I was able to listen to AMR and Flight for Life/Memorial Star talk to the emergency rooms, alerting them of the incoming patient's vital signs and the extent of the injuries. Please...does anyone have the frequencies and whatever other information that I need to be able to listen to them again? I'm not talking about the FD dispatchers. These freqs were for the ems/emt to give the ER some very specific and detailed information of the incoming patient. I don't need all the other freqs that Radio Shack gave me because so much of it was utility crews, city bus dispatchers and other annoying conversations. I hope like crazy there is someone out there who knows what I'm talking about and can tell me the frequencies that I need. Please email me at rushqueen (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you very much!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to med reports on these TG's just yesterday when I was down your way;

4948 ER MEMORIAL ER Memorial Hospital Interop El Paso County
4949 EP PENRSE MN EP Penrose Main Interop El Paso County
4951 ER EVANS AH ER Evans Army Hospital Interop El Paso County
4952 ER USAFA ER US Air Force Academy Interop El Paso County
4953 MEM HOS NRTH Memorial Hospital North (EMS to Hospital) EMS-Tac El Paso County
4954 ST FRAN MC St. Francis Medical Center (EMS to Hospital) EMS-Tac El Paso County

Jim<

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
4952: USAFA doesn't have an ER any more; just an acute care clinic. I have 4956 as Pikes Peak Regional Hospital in Woodland Park but our ambulance service here is on VHF and cell phone only. I'll have to start listening to those two talk groups to see who's using them.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Indeed Bill the main ones I heard med reports on were the busy ER Penrose Main and Memorial.

And listened to a number of AMA refusals being called in to the ER doctor also.

Jim<

GeddyLeeFan

Thank you for the fast replies Cryptolog and Jimmnn. Do I need frequency numbers to hear the EMTs-to-ER (you know, like 852.950,etc)? I used to listen to scanners when they were very easy to program. Before all the trunking and digital things. And what has everyone done with their old scanners? What does EP stand for, or is it a typo for ER? Do you guys own the programming software with whatever cable goes with it? Do either of you live close to Colorado Springs? What is the furthest police/medical agency you can hear? What other cities do you have in your scanner? thanks again for your replies!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the fast replies Cryptolog and Jimmnn. Do I need frequency numbers to hear the EMTs-to-ER (you know, like 852.950,etc)? I used to listen to scanners when they were very easy to program. Before all the trunking and digital things. And what has everyone done with their old scanners? What does EP stand for, or is it a typo for ER? Do you guys own the programming software with whatever cable goes with it? Do either of you live close to Colorado Springs? What is the furthest police/medical agency you can hear? What other cities do you have in your scanner? thanks again for your replies!

Yes these are talkgroups on the El Paso County 800MHz system so you need to program those control channels in first, I use Don Starr's Win software so Win-96 and Win-500 do you have that software or you can also download from RR datebase here.

I am about 200 miles from the Springs but do visit some weekends and would be happy to just send you the programming file to upload.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Also, Flight for Life still uses VHF to contact the hospitals via patch through their dispatcher. Memorial Star uses the TG's

GeddyLeeFan

What do i have to do/what numbers do I need in order to listen to Flight for Life talk to the hospitals? I also want to hear Memorial Star when they talk to the hospital. thank you!

GeddyLeeFan

Need someone to enter freqs into Pro 197

Radio Shack sent my Pro 2096 to their repair shop and it never came back. They offered me a deal on the Pro 197 so I bought it (it was that or be scannerless for a while). Is there a kind soul out there with cable and software that would download freqs into this 197 for me? The freqs that were in my 2096 are on an Excel spreadsheet. My friend who used to help me doesn't have the software or anything else that is needed for the 197. I live in the Security/Widefield area. Thank you very much!

Mick

I recommend Denver Radio to program your radio:
Denver Radio - Home

Radio Shack sent my Pro 2096 to their repair shop and it never came back. They offered me a deal on the Pro 197 so I bought it (it was that or be scannerless for a while). Is there a kind soul out there with cable and software that would download freqs into this 197 for me? The freqs that were in my 2096 are on an Excel spreadsheet. My friend who used to help me doesn't have the software or anything else that is needed for the 197. I live in the Security/Widefield area. Thank you very much!

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Also, Flight for Life still uses VHF to contact the hospitals via patch through their dispatcher. Memorial Star uses the TG's
I live stream all the med channels and FERN on my feed; chopper landing instructions by the ground contact, then hospital to chopper comms a-plenty.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I live stream all the med channels and FERN on my feed; chopper landing instructions by the ground contact, then hospital to chopper comms a-plenty.

Don't believe that covers Memorial Star and L/G 3 and 4 in El Paso County that he was referring too Jon.

Jim<

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Don't believe that covers Memorial Star and L/G 3 and 4 in El Paso County that he was referring too Jon.

Jim<

Yup. FFL was mentioned, and I responded to the FFL post. I realize the fact contained in your statement, living well within their radio coverage.

wingmaker

I cant believe that crap they never sent your radio back and made you pay a damn thing for a new one that is bulls#$t heres a kinda similar situation check this out http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...-please-read-help-if-you-can.html#post1855545 but at least you have a scanner and a good one at that. Also i see flight for life on 155.355 and 123.0500 and 125.9900 i know here in INDIANA we have 155.3400 its call IHERN and ambulances in enroute to the Hospital use it not sure if there is one for your state like this. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I cant believe that crap they never sent your radio back and made you pay a damn thing for a new one that is bulls#$t

Actually, it is not "crap." It was actually a great thing, here is what happened. The radio was sent off to the repair center and when the radio hit the tech's bench, the fix was to replace the main board inside. This board is over $200 bucks and with the labor being $60, the company knew the customer would not want to pay $300 to fix the radio since a new one can be bought for near that price. The repair center contacted the customer advising them of the costs to fix the broke radio, and offered a deal on a new radio. Seems the customer took the deal and got a new radio, that’s why they didn't send the old one back. The customer did not get ripped off and wasn't MADE to pay.

wingmaker

Never said he got ripped off even if he did have to pay saying better then not having one, if he didnt have to pay even more better that is good its not crap your right! LOVE AND BLESSINGS

GeddyLeeFan

Actually, it is not "crap." It was actually a great thing, here is what happened. The radio was sent off to the repair center and when the radio hit the tech's bench, the fix was to replace the main board inside. This board is over $200 bucks and with the labor being $60, the company knew the customer would not want to pay $300 to fix the radio since a new one can be bought for near that price. The repair center contacted the customer advising them of the costs to fix the broke radio, and offered a deal on a new radio. Seems the customer took the deal and got a new radio, that’s why they didn't send the old one back. The customer did not get ripped off and wasn't MADE to pay.

Was the new scanner the same model as the broken one? The one that I sent in and never received was a 2096. RS told me it was discontinued and the closest model to it would be the 197. The 2096 was programmed for me exactly the way I wanted. With this new 197, Radio Shack programmed it and yes it has El Paso County freqs but I don't know exactly what's in it. In order for it to be programmed similarly to my 2096 I now have to purchase the cable and software???? Does this seem right to you? If you know someone who went through this, were they able to get RS to pay for new cable and software (since the 2096 and 197 don't use the same things)? Also, did RS pay for a programmer, because I sure as heck can't do any of this. To summarize: i had to pay for the 197 and never saw my 2096 again; the 2096 was programmed specifically for me by a local person who had a 2096; now I have the 197 but no cable, no software, no spreadsheet, and no one to load the freqs for me unless I pay for all of it. Can you give me suggestions please? I appreciate all of your answers!

kc0kp

Was the new scanner the same model as the broken one? The one that I sent in and never received was a 2096. RS told me it was discontinued and the closest model to it would be the 197. The 2096 was programmed for me exactly the way I wanted. With this new 197, Radio Shack programmed it and yes it has El Paso County freqs but I don't know exactly what's in it. In order for it to be programmed similarly to my 2096 I now have to purchase the cable and software???? Does this seem right to you? If you know someone who went through this, were they able to get RS to pay for new cable and software (since the 2096 and 197 don't use the same things)? Also, did RS pay for a programmer, because I sure as heck can't do any of this. To summarize: i had to pay for the 197 and never saw my 2096 again; the 2096 was programmed specifically for me by a local person who had a 2096; now I have the 197 but no cable, no software, no spreadsheet, and no one to load the freqs for me unless I pay for all of it. Can you give me suggestions please? I appreciate all of your answers!
Both scanners used the same cable to program. If you have the old cable it will work. The software is different, however.
The fact that more and more state sites are adding 700 MHz channels your old 2096 is urapidly going obsolete so the new scanner (capable of 700 coverage) is a betterment.
Buy Win500 and program it the way you want it.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
GeddyLeeFan, I'm getting a sense that you are frustrated with the Pro-197 and that you feel that RadioShack took advantage of you. While I agree new radios can be a lot to handle, I do not agree with you that RadioShack did you wrong. I want to help and I am going to answer some questions you have.

Was the new scanner the same model as the broken one?
No it was not. You made it very clear that you purchased the Pro-197 after RadioShack offered you a deal.

The one that I sent in and never received was a 2096. RS told me it was discontinued and the closest model to it would be the 197.

I understand you sent in a Pro-2096 to the repair center. Did RadioShack tell you they lost your radio? If not, my only guess to why they offered you deal on the new radio was because the parts needed to fix the old radio were no longer made, or exceeded the costs of purchasing the new radio.
Also, the Pro-2096 was discontinued in 2009 and the Pro-197 was the direct
replacement for it

The 2096 was programmed for me exactly the way I wanted.
It sounds like you know everything that you want to listen to, and had the 2096 monitoring what you wanted. There is noting the Pro-2096 can do that the Pro-197 can't.

With this new 197, Radio Shack programmed it and yes it has El Paso County freqs but I don't know exactly what's in it.

I fully understand the daunting task of learning the new radio by trying to follow the instruction manual. Did the store program it for you, or are you relying on what came "pre-loaded" in it? You can use the display of the radio to view its programming.

In order for it to be programmed similarly to my 2096 I now have to purchase the cable and software????
While you might feel you need a computer to program the radio, this isn't true. Is it easier and faster to program the radio with a scanner? Absolutely! It sounds like you desire the easier and faster route, solve the problem then.

Does this seem right to you? If you know someone who went through this, were they able to get RS to pay for new cable and software (since the 2096 and 197 don't use the same things)?
I know of several people who have had the same thing happen, and some of them already had what they needed to program the radio and some of them had to upgrade their software and cable (the 2096 used a serial programming cable at first, then the USB cable came out that can program both radios), however, most of them didn't have the desire to program the radio themselves. They acquired help from others just like you did with your 2096.

Also, did RS pay for a programmer, because I sure as heck can't do any of this.
No they did not because it is not needed. The 2096 didn’t come with any software, why do you expect the 197 to? If you cannot do it alone, ask for help. We all did at one point to learn too!

To summarize: i had to pay for the 197 and never saw my 2096 again; the 2096 was programmed specifically for me by a local person who had a 2096; now I have the 197 but no cable, no software, no spreadsheet, and no one to load the freqs for me unless I pay for all of it. Can you give me suggestions please? I appreciate all of your answers!

Here is my suggestion as you asked. From what I read, you had a broke radio that you wanted fixed. You brought the 2096 to RadioShack to get fixed and for whatever reason, this did not happen. The next step was to invest in a new better radio, yet, you need help making it work like your old one. Reach out the members of this website for help. There are several people in the Springs area that should be able to help you. Heck, if you drive Denver, I would meet with you and work with you to get the radio programmed. But for people to help you, you need to help us. Come up with a list of the agencies you want to monitor. Heck, you can even research this info here on the site and write down all the talk groups or frequencies you wish to monitor.

I hope you want to learn how to program it yourself and duplicate the success you had with the 2096. If so, get the USB cable. Download Win500 and use it free for 30 days, if you like it, purchase it. There is a possibility that someone can email you a Win500 file, and then upload it into your scanner.

Don't dig up a 974 day old thread and expect the solution you desire. If you do want help with your radio, start a NEW thread specifically asking for the help you would like. Good Luck!

GeddyLeeFan

Don't dig up a 974 day old thread and expect the solution you desire. If you do want help with your radio, start a NEW thread specifically asking for the help you would like. Good Luck!

The new thread I started on Nov 11 had several viewers but no one ever responded to that thread.

I understand you sent in a Pro-2096 to the repair center. Did RadioShack tell you they lost your radio? If not, my only guess to why they offered you deal on the new radio was because the parts needed to fix the old radio were no longer made, or exceeded the costs of purchasing the new radio.
Also, the Pro-2096 was discontinued in 2009 and the Pro-197 was the direct
replacement for it!

Almost, but not quite.. This is what happened - my 2096 broke so I took it to Radio Shack. They sent it to their repair shop in Texas and I agreed to the repair price. After a week and a half I called Radio Shack and they said it was repaired on on its way to Colorado Springs. Another week went by and they said it went to Canada instead of Colorado, and they were overnighting it to Colorado Springs. Several days later they said they didn't understand why it wasn't here. About a month after I had sent it for repairs I was told they didn't think my scanner was ever going to show up again. Radio Shack said it's Fed Ex's fault. FedEx told Radio Shack they didn't have a record of my scanner.

No they did not because it is not needed. The 2096 didn’t come with any software, why do you expect the 197 to? If you cannot do it alone, ask for help. We all did at one point to learn too!

I've been asking for help since the middle of November, both in a new thread and on this old one. For some reason people have responded to this one (I appreciate all the responses!).

I was curious if others had a situation where the repaired scanner was lost during the return shipment....in my case they said the repair would be easy and we agreed on the price. It wasn't a matter of paying a repair bill vs. paying for a newer model. Therefore, I was relying on getting my repaired 2096; not buying a new one as I did.

That's why I was asking for opinions from the forum regarding if they thought Radio Shack has partial responsibility to help get the 197 programmed? But you made it clear that the 2096 didn't come with software, etc so I should expect to pay for whatever is needed now.

Thanks so much for the explanations and for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.