Greeley PD Specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCTEK10

I know I'm going to sound like a big baby, but it's all just a big learning curve, and we're all here to help, right?

So I'm from NY, and the way the RadioReference Database is set up in my county it is really clear as to what freqs are used for what. To see my example, go to Westchester County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference.

My brother is a cop in Greeley, CO and when I go out to visit, I'd like to listen in... does anyone know the freqs that GPD uses? I know they have a trunked UHF system too, and I can't find that one... that's the one I'd really like to hear too.

Anyway, I know I'm just not a great searcher, but I blame RadioReference because they've made it so easy for me in Westchester, NY. Thanks everyone for the help you can provide.

NYCTek10

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Trunked UHF? Don't believe so they are on the state DTRS P-25 system and you can download that from the RR pretty database pretty easily.

Jim<

1900 76c D GREELEY PD-1 Greeley Police Channel-1 Law Dispatch
1901 76d D GREELEY PD-2 Greeley Police Channel-2 Law Tac
1902 76e D GREELEY PD-3 Greeley Police Channel-3 Law Tac
1903 76f D GREELEY PD-4 Greeley Police Channel-4 Law Tac
1904 770 D GREELEY PD-5 Greeley Police Tactical-5 Law Tac
1905 771 E GREELEY PD-6 Greeley Police Tactical-6 Law Tac
1906 772 D GRLY PD ADMN Greeley Police Administration Law Tac
9001 D GREELEY FD-1 Greeley Fire Channel-1 Fire Dispatch

Last edited:

NYCTEK10

Jim, I know you know this, but you are correct. That UHF trunk I was asking for is the P-25 system, I just didn't know what it was called. Thanks a lot... that was a lot of answers VERY quickly... you are officially the me CO man in my book!!! Thanks a lot.

NYCTek

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

As mentioned, Greeley is on a P25 DTRS. Unencrypted except for tac 5 and 6 partially.

The only control channels you should need are 853.66250 and 853.31250.

You will mostly want to monitor TGs 1900, 1901, and 1902. 1900, dispatch. 1901, data/clearance. 1902, most commonly used tac channel.

Hope that info helps. Also, just to clarify: you will need a DIGITAL(P25 capable) scanner.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
NYC Tek, my wife grew up in Westchester County and she turned out ok.

Remember Greeley PD is available online if you ever wish to monitor from home.

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Jim, I could be mistaken, but I don't see Greeley PD in the feeds list and the only Greeley TG included in the Weld feed are Greeley FD.

NYCTEK10

I didn't see it online... any chance you can post a link? Prefferably to the P25 system?

Where did your wife grow up and what is her age? I grew up in Mamaroneck and I'm 32, but my Dad also grew up in the area and he's 62.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected somehow the only feed for that area Kurt's from Broomfield is only feeding lots of WCSO TG's and not GPD. Weld County Sheriff, Fire and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Come on Northern Colo friends for some reason we can find a way to have multiple duplicate feeds for all Jefferson County agencies but nothing for the busiest PD up North?

Jim<

Last edited:

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

I know. It's very sad. I would listen to a Greeley PD feed 24/7.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Did somebody say Greeley?

Honestly anyone adding the city on a Weld County feed would need to use 2 scanners (i,e, County on the Left Channel City on the right channel) as the city gets into non-stop mode and would tie up a single scanner feed big time.

And no there are no "Cow Odor" calls up here.

MikeyB

Did somebody say Greeley?

Honestly anyone adding the city on a Weld County feed would need to use 2 scanners (i,e, County on the Left Channel City on the right channel) as the city gets into non-stop mode and would tie up a single scanner feed big time.

And no there are no "Cow Odor" calls up here.

I rarely can get Greeley PD down here but one night I was getting TG 1900 on one of the towers. I heard about 1 call for someone putting Graffitti on a building. That was all I heard for a couple of hours. I heard the complete conversation, everything but no other traffic. I thought this can't be normal. Do they split dispatch onto a couple of channels like some cities?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
That is not normal. There are some quiet stretches. There are random affiliations with GPD-1 on sites distant from the city such as Bald Mtn, Horsetooth and Buckhorn Mtn though not consistent enough to be reliable for long periods of time.

For now GPD-1 (1900) is citywide dispatch. 1901 GPD-CLEAR is used as a secondary dispatch when GPD-1 is a "clear channel" for a major incident, felony stop or building sweep.

When radios were reprogrammed for rebanding a couple of years ago 1906 was re-assigned as GPD-2 and is currently used for traffic enforcement ops during weekdays and randomly used on an occasional basis in the evenings. It could be used for a split-dispatch in the future but for now it's not.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

As far as I know, when I lived in Greeley, they only consistently associate with "Greeley North" and "Greeley 35th". And rarely on any other site.

nathancarlson

Surprising that other agencies such as Weld SO and CSP are not monitoring Greeley PD. That would spead out the coverage by increasing towers monitoring their TGs for all of us listening further south. In Longmont I rarely pick them up, but I will see if I get any hits in Loveland.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

I'm in south dacono and can hear the 35th ave tower. With my RS800 duck. So I assum anyone with a decent antenna should still be able to feed Greeley. I will double check, but I think whoever runs the weld feed is on a Greeley tower. Maybe by vote we can convince him to include GPD1(which is all I'd want anyway, too much chatter on the tacs, it would tie up the feed I believe), and possibly clearance.

Last edited:

kurtswaney

Radio Field Trips
Database Admin
Greeley PD added to Weld County feed

Hello Everyone,

I was out of town when Jim brought this thread to my attention. I have returned and have added Greeley PD dispatch TG1900 to the Weld County feed. The Weld County feed is monitoring the Buckhorn DTRS site. I have added the Bald Mtn North site as well, and we'll see if we can hear Greeley PD off of either of these sites. Unfortunately I cannot receive either Greeley North or Greeley South site directly. It would require someone living closer to feed from those DTRS sites.

Thanks,
Kurt

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I was out of town when Jim brought this thread to my attention. I have returned and have added Greeley PD dispatch TG1900 to the Weld County feed. The Weld County feed is monitoring the Buckhorn DTRS site. I have added the Bald Mtn North site as well, and we'll see if we can hear Greeley PD off of either of these sites. Unfortunately I cannot receive either Greeley North or Greeley South site directly. It would require someone living closer to feed from those DTRS sites.

Thanks,
Kurt

Greely comes in on Horsetooth quite often and at times, on Meade also.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Greeley comes in on Horsetooth quite often and at times, on Meade also.

Hey! THANKS! Just tried this tower and i can hear it fine(I can't hear any other greeley towers without being on my roof lol). And it seems to be reliably carrying Greeley traffic.

I suggest you use this in your feed, as it seems to be carrying Local north, south, weld SO and FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.