Hells Angles Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikB

Feed Provider
I have been getting requests to feed my digital scanner instead of my analog feed so folks can listen to the inter op traffic here for the Hells Angel rally. They have estimated 500 club members here in a town of 5,000 people. There are law enforcement from all over the state shaking these guys down. Most traffic is on MAC 13, MAC 14, and MAC 15. CSP is using OPS 5. Not sure how long I will keep the digital feed going because I miss having the digital scanner in my living room, but in the mean time, enjoy.......

Gunnison County Law Enforcement, Sheriff, Fire, EMS, and GUC Unicom Live Scanner Audio Feed

ErikB

Feed Provider
My internet connection is real flaky tonight, I will keep the feed going, hopefully Time Warner gets it's act together.

ten78

What a fine bunch of criminals. They are no better than the bloods or crips in LA.

RodStrong

Thanks for the time and effort providing the feed. I've been listening quite a bit.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Hells Angel Rally

Thanks Erik for providing the Hells Angels Rally feed. How long are they in town for?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
500 is small number

Before escaping to Colorado I lived in Hollister California
(birth place of the whole "chopper bike" thing) If I recall , Easy Rider was filmed there way back when.
Anyway they used to have a rally around mid July and anywhere from 30 to 50 thousand bikers would show that was some fun monitoring back then...................

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not if you're the person being beaten alive for your membership initiation.

Good point I stand corrected sucks being him..........................

Ya know the grossest thing about the rally were the fifty somthing women wearing leather thongs or less..............

n0nhp

Well that explains the MAC 14 traffic I am seeing on Storm King, I knew something was going on by watching the site on Pro96com but most of the time I can't get audio through.

Bruce

kc0kp

A few years back, this happened to Steamboat Springs. The merchants encouraged it for the revenue but when it got out of hand, wanted nothing to do with it. I beleive the Public Safety director was replaced after he called for outside help when the locals were overwhelmed.
Craig

n0nhp

For many years one of the other motorcycle groups spent the Fourth of July in Creede, The town and few law resources got pretty overwhelmed. The final solution worked out that the motels and resorts offered any LEO that was interested a "free" five night stay and the bars and stores took a five day holiday.
The group decided that it was not a very friendly thing to do and started going elsewhere.
Seemed like a pretty good solution to me ;-)

Bruce

ErikB

Feed Provider
I am kind of enjoying their visit, nothing wrong with a little excitement. 500 seems like a lot when the whole town is only 2 miles long. You can't go anywhere without seeing Hells Angles packs and law enforcement is absolutely everywhere. I step out of my door and I can hear the roar of all the Harleys. There is a whole dorm at Western State filled with law enforcement. They came once before in 2002, the whole event was rather un-eventful as far as crime against locals went, however, when they left town a dead body was left behind that they have yet to identify. Saturday there is a softball game with the Hells Angles playing a local team, I think I will have to go check it out.

ErikB

Feed Provider
Article from yesterdays Gunnison Times...........

Attachments

• ha1.jpg
    ha1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,296
  • ha2.jpg
    ha2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,425
  • ha3.jpg
    ha3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,235

ErikB

Feed Provider
Back to VHF.........

Well the boys are gone and town seems oddly quiet. I find it interesting that ALL local law traffic is now back on analog VHF. Maybe they just borrowed the digital radios for the weekend? Not sure. All in all a fun weekend of listening and people watching. The Hells Angels were nice guys, just as long as you gave them the proper respect.

Attachments

• IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11,542
Status
Not open for further replies.