DTRS Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there was a status list or somewhere that lists counties or agencies that have transitioned over to DTRS. I am guessing that there are some counties that have fully transferred over and some that are in the process of switching or will not switch. I would like to see if there was a way to tell, so that I can program my scanner correctly. Thanks.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there was a status list or somewhere that lists counties or agencies that have transitioned over to DTRS. I am guessing that there are some counties that have fully transferred over and some that are in the process of switching or will not switch. I would like to see if there was a way to tell, so that I can program my scanner correctly. Thanks.

If you knew a county was transitioning, how would you program for that? The TG assignments are generally figured out and put into the RR database after the fact.

Program with what you can find in the database and plan to check back later. Frequently if you expect that the change is imminent.

That's about all you can realistically do.

I programmed my Christmas roadtrip of 1300 miles into my scanner about a month ahead. (It took awhile to do). One system was listed as new with no known TGs so I programmed it with a wildcard.
On passing thru I captured about 12 TGs but wasn't able to identify them (I was driving). On return I found that the database had a bunch of identified TGs but none of the ones I heard. Oh well. (Umatilla OR)

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
But as far as things are listed in the database, with conventional channels and talkgroup assignments, is there a way to tell or a listing somewhere of which one would actually be active? Like if an agency was assigned a talkgroup, but hasn't switched to it yet. Or have they transitioned to the talkgroup and abandoned the conventional? Is there a specific way to tell?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
But as far as things are listed in the database, with conventional channels and talkgroup assignments, is there a way to tell or a listing somewhere of which one would actually be active? Like if an agency was assigned a talkgroup, but hasn't switched to it yet. Or have they transitioned to the talkgroup and abandoned the conventional? Is there a specific way to tell?

Program both. I do this for programming my road trips. It's the only way to be sure you'll hear what's happening.

Even after the agency has officially transitioned sometimes they revert for unusual situations.
For instance, Larimer County SO is on DTRS. But they also use their VHF freqs for areas where DTRS has no coverage. CSP is officially on DTRS but also uses their VHF freqs for team ops and for areas where DTRS coverage is poor.

There's no listing I know of that would tell you this.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Okay, that is what I was working on doing anyway. I was just wondering, just to make things simpler. Thanks for your help.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm think (and the Mods can confirm this ) But if you see a Talk group listed in the DTRS database it pretty much means its "active" This does not mean there is non stop traffic.....
I would also say if it is still listed in the conventional channel it is still licensed but may or may not have traffic any longer . Dispatch only in some cases. An exception of this on the front range would be in Boulder county Longmont fire has not transitioned just yet they were waiting on their new rigs with are here now but I don't think they are quite all in service yet

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Mr. Jersey are you moving this way?

If so what areas are you interested in I mean you will probably really not need or be interested in all counties statewide.

Just shout the areas of concern and we'll share VHF, UHF, DTRS or good ol' cans and string or a combination likes the guys above have already mentioned. Also many counties remain VHF for local law enforcement, fire and ems while state agencies like CSP, DOW and CDOT are DTRS in those same counties.

Jim<

ErikB

Feed Provider
I'm think (and the Mods can confirm this ) But if you see a Talk group listed in the DTRS database it pretty much means its "active" This does not mean there is non stop traffic.....
I would also say if it is still listed in the conventional channel it is still licensed but may or may not have traffic any longer . Dispatch only in some cases. An exception of this on the front range would be in Boulder county Longmont fire has not transitioned just yet they were waiting on their new rigs with are here now but I don't think they are quite all in service yet

Not necessarily, over here in Gunnison, there are lots of TGID's set aside but local law enforcement is pretty much all analog still. The only time I heard them active (and just a few) was when the hells angles were in town. Once they left, the local digital traffic went away as I suspect so did the digital radios.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily, over here in Gunnison, there are lots of TGID's set aside but local law enforcement is pretty much all analog still. The only time I heard them active (and just a few) was when the hells angles were in town. Once they left, the local digital traffic went away as I suspect so did the digital radios.

Very true there are literally hundreds of TG's on my master list which have been assigned almost as a placeholder of sorts by CCNC but they never see any activity.

Jim<

04Z1V6

This sounds like a good project for the wiki. A county list of DTRS , CONV, or BOTH placed next to it as primary dispatch and let the user go after the TG or Frequency, I would only put the list in a county format so as not to have it be too massive, that is what the DB is for. Maybe I should get to work on this if no other list is in existence, I'm not sure should this be just placed as a file or a page?

Talk amongst yourselves. ;)

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
Very true there are literally hundreds of TG's on my master list which have been assigned almost as a placeholder of sorts by CCNC but they never see any activity.

Jim<

Jim thanks for that I just Know mainly front range And assumed when they get TG's they used them (soon) Great to know

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
wiki. A county list of DTRS , CONV,

This sounds like a good project for the wiki. A county list of DTRS , CONV, or BOTH placed next to it as primary dispatch and let the user go after the TG or Frequency, I would only put the list in a county format so as not to have it be too massive, that is what the DB is for. Maybe I should get to work on this if no other list is in existence, I'm not sure should this be just placed as a file or a page?

Talk amongst yourselves. ;)

I love messing with Excell Ill give it a go format wise and yall can add your counties

04Z1V6

If you set up the file I will help fill it in and then post it for correction from the good people here, we may need a column for fire and another police just a check mark column will work.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Just an Fyi, the wiki does not accept Word or Excel formating.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I do hope to move out that way shortly. I spent my summer in Estes Park, and it was the best summer I've ever had. Plus, I really don't like NJ anyway......

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I love messing with Excell Ill give it a go format wise and yall can add your counties

Great! Please be sure to save it in a format that the Office 97 Pro version of Excell can recognize as I suspect that not all of us have managed to spring for the newer, and more expensive, versions of Office `whatever' Pro. {WAN GRIN!} (And... *Yes* I am still running XP Pro w/SP3 on most of my machines along with a couple machines running 98se and even a couple machines still running WFW3.11 for those bits-n-pieces of software that can only run under 98se or WFW3.11. {GRIN!})

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Just an Fyi, the wiki does not accept Word or Excel formating.

No problem / not to worry Excell can put out a lot more that just the `Excell Format' if one knows how to do it. {VB GRIN!} (I used to run a TBBS BBS and you should have seen all the odd formating we had to deal with back then. I still have all the assorted `converters' I either collected or made. {OOF!} I suspect that formatting for the `Wiki' wouldn't be nearly as much of a hassle.)

Status
Not open for further replies.