New Metro DTRS Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Pro96Com showing a new neighbor to Chevron tonight:

167 (T0143) D1C 00-0281 852.7625 Connected, Current

I can't hear it from Thornton and Chevron is the only one showing it as a neighbor...

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber

I can't hear it from Thornton and Chevron is the only one showing it as a neighbor...

Did the stock show get a special site this year? I would not think so.

That's the same site number they used for the DNC when it was in-town Aug 2008.

Jim<

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Did the stock show get a special site this year? I would not think so.

That's the same site number they used for the DNC when it was in-town Aug 2008.

Jim<

That's the weird thing - only a neighbor to Chevron? I checked all the other metro sites and it didn't show on any other neighbor list...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I just got home from Downtown and didn't get anything on 852.7625. I thought maybe as moved down south along I-25 I would start to pick up something. Nope, and nothing from the tech center either.

Maybe they are playing an early April's fools joke on us????

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Site 167

Looks like this is some sort of a special or test setup at the
State Denver Transmitter Building (DTB) 4201 S. Arkansas. Denver

They have a pending modification to the DTB license to include the following 3 frequencies:
These are additions to the existing license, but are listed as being only 10 watts ERP
The attachments to the license for short spacing use of two of those frequencies list them as only 5 watts ERP. The antenna for those 3 frequencies is listed as only being 4 meters in elevation, and 3 dbd of gain.

(the other frequencies that are part of Site 120 are 158 watts ERP, 39 Meters in Elevation and 9 dbd of gain.)

The mobile use is listed as a one mile radius of the DTB.

One of the attachments labels the site as "167 - DTB Test"

What ever the purpose of this system is (probably an in building system) it's very low power and you'll probably have to be on a nearby street or in the parking lot to hear it. Given the limited number of voice channels - 2, the users are probably going to be a pretty small group, and their TG would probably need to be blocked from the 120 site. (or it's purpose could be to test some other new functionality in the system). That address is the CDOT building, and the state Denver radio shop.

Chuck

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is this even worth adding to the database? I am thinking it might not hurt in case someone comes across it, but my guess is that it will not be worthwhile to have auto-programmed into radios like the iSCAN and Home Patrol. I guess we could give it a really small (1 mile) radius if it's put in.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I would agree to not add to the DB at this point talk about confusing those home patrols. Already hard enough to convince a HP to monitor Littleton FD dispatch (for Cunningham of course) when you enter a Centennial zip code.

Jim<

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Lakewood EDACS trunking talk on the freq, no control channel data. Maybe some kind of DTRS-Lakewood interconnect or test?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Lakewood EDACS trunking talk on the freq, no control channel data. Maybe some kind of DTRS-Lakewood interconnect or test?

Curt - Lakewood has a freq 12.5 kHz off of that I believe. I heard it on my PRO-2036 when searching for a signal on the CC Pro96Com showed.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber

It's showing up again tonight as a neighbor to Site 120 DTB.

Jim<

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
*deleted* Thought this one was audible in Thornton tonight. :eek:
Pro-197 not being very selective - just hearing 852.775 CC from Denver P25 bleeding over...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.