Boulder County Fire, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
North Foothills - There is an active 30 acre fire burning in the Foothills Ranch Sub Division above Mtn. Ridge/Lake of the Pines area. Highway 36 is closed at North Bound at Nelson Road and South Bound at St. Vrain Road.

Mandatory Evacuation for Foothill Ranch and Mountain Ridge Sub Divisions.

Suggested Evacuation for Lake of the Pines Sub Division.

People and animals are being evacuated to the Boulder County Fair Grounds.

Media staging area Southside of Nelson at Hwy 36.

Public incoming calls 303-441-4377

Please check back for updated information, as they becomes available.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
boulder fire

Here are some pics I drove by fire at about 4:30 fire was in trees and right near back of houses

sorry for picture quality these are with my new work PDA CAM

no time to learn

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Jeffrey. I drove by as well. When I first saw it it was small, I was about to radio it into the county than heard the tones go out. About 30 minutes later they were wanting the task force, then ordering a lot of brush's and tenders and a few structures to protect those "million $" houses. For those listening they're using Red 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for the different operations. I'll have to replay my audio file to see exactly what channels were used for exactly what purpose. Other channels to look at are Zone 5 air to ground and Zone 5 air to air primary. I'll try to get a good list going. There is just non stop transmissions at times. In command is Lefthand's Chief and Boulder County Emergency Services 1590 and 1599.

Just heard 30-40 acres from command and unknown time till containment.

epbernstein

chris_a_rodgers said:
Thanks for the pics Jeffrey. I drove by as well. When I first saw it it was small, I was about to radio it into the county than heard the tones go out. About 30 minutes later they were wanting the task force, then ordering a lot of brush's and tenders and a few structures to protect those "million $" houses. For those listening they're using Red 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for the different operations. I'll have to replay my audio file to see exactly what channels were used for exactly what purpose. Other channels to look at are Zone 5 air to ground and Zone 5 air to air primary. I'll try to get a good list going. There is just non stop transmissions at times. In command is Lefthand's Chief and Boulder County Emergency Services 1590 and 1599.

Just heard 30-40 acres from command and unknown time till containment.

I went by the scene this afternoon and watched a SEAT making its drops.

I just saw a heavy air tanker go by from the fire, probably the last run before sunset (~19:45). My window is open and there's a heavy smell of smoke in the air.

Sounded like they will demob a lot of people for tonight and start again in the morning. Wish I had one of those video scanners. The ham ARES from Boulder will put of videos and run them off the air so Incident command can watch what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.