Looking for I-25 corridor P96 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderneut

I monitor mostly in Colorado Springs but every now and then I venture out of my comfort zone and take the kid to the Denver zoo. Whenever I leave the Springs I get nothing as far as reception. I have tried programming the Douglas county and Denver CC's that are listed here at RR but I have had little success. Does anyone have a P96 file that covers I-25 between CS and Denver?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
vanderneut said:
I monitor mostly in Colorado Springs but every now and then I venture out of my comfort zone and take the kid to the Denver zoo. Whenever I leave the Springs I get nothing as far as reception. I have tried programming the Douglas county and Denver CC's that are listed here at RR but I have had little success. Does anyone have a P96 file that covers I-25 between CS and Denver?

Just check www.radiokacker.com lots of p96 files there that should cover you.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
BobWeb said:
Correction to Jim's post, he made a typo, it's www.radiohacker.com.

The site referenced is great though.

Thanks Bob.

Also really don't need a p96 file just put in a few I-25 control channels and search you are ready to go.

Jim<

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
with win96 running i cant open your file you have posted -repost it please-id like to look at it

NeWcS

You have to un-zip it with a program such as winzip or winrar. There are also some free zipping programs too.

If you want to give me your email address I can send it to you there.

-Jay

n0zed

Ill be going out over the road soon again and am trig to lay out a .p96 covering both I25 and I70 . I sorta wish the site map included the site number , or is there shuch a thing

ghk

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
n0zed said:
Ill be going out over the road soon again and am trig to lay out a .p96 covering both I25 and I70 . I sorta wish the site map included the site number , or is there shuch a thing

ghk

There is a System id and tower number both for each site, what are you interested in.

System ID Control Ch Location Tower #
T0125 867.9375 Deer Trail 137

Remember also I-70 West of Ike Tunnel it's still VHF and I-70 East of Denver metro it's just CSP, CDOT & DOC on DTRS all the county public safety remains on VHF.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
epbernstein said:
Why is that? Is it a line-of-sight issue or just a matter of getting sites online and radios updated/installed in cruisers?

For CSP it's gradually upgrading the system, getting the radios purchased and installed that occurs in waves.

Coverage is not the major issue, control channels are in-place just not being used.

Counties is a different story and most of those you will not see moving Digital anytime soon.

Jim<

n0zed

the sites is my problem , I would like to build a file for I70 and the map for the DTR and I dont know
what sites I need, I am doing the same for the other states I am in the most , but the only places I spend much time , other in denver metro (sorta still call home ) is Fontana Ca. and Portland Or (were NEXT wife is). Not looking foward to moving into a new truck scanners , icom 2410 , XM unit , batwing VHF for APRS and maby get around to the DX70 this time..then find room for the rest of the crap I need to live..I wish someone made a 2m/70cm gain ant with 3/8 24 mount , but hay cant have everything....but I need to find a better place to mount the scanner antenna , the last truck I slapped one on a mirror whit the APRS ant and fried the front end of a bearcat BCT8 (POS) , got the scanner replaced , but never opened the box on the new one , got a pro-2096 instead , love it , and audio is good in a damn noisy peet.
ghk

epbernstein

jimmnn said:
For CSP it's gradually upgrading the system, getting the radios purchased and installed that occurs in waves.

Coverage is not the major issue, control channels are in-place just not being used.

Counties is a different story and most of those you will not see moving Digital anytime soon.

Jim<

Thanks for that, Jim. I spend a fair amount of time in the Aspen area, and I have the VHF freqs for the area. It bugs me to only hear Craig and not the troopers when I know the digital sites are there.

On the other hand, if I do hear a trooper, I start slowing down... ;-)

A semi-related question: Does CSP dispatch Lake County SO?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
epbernstein said:
Thanks for that, Jim. I spend a fair amount of time in the Aspen area, and I have the VHF freqs for the area. It bugs me to only hear Craig and not the troopers when I know the digital sites are there.

On the other hand, if I do hear a trooper, I start slowing down... ;-)

A semi-related question: Does CSP dispatch Lake County SO?

No Leadville PD does.

Jim<

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
what are u driving up to aspen area-?
ive forgotten what type of scanner u use
im in basalt
ron cathers

epbernstein

401402 said:
what are u driving up to aspen area-?
ive forgotten what type of scanner u use
im in basalt
ron cathers

I drive a Ford Expedition up there. I have a BCD396T which has replaced by PRO-90.

Status
Not open for further replies.