CSP Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperinco

Does the Craig dispatch center sometimes use Troop 4B freq's to trasmit to Troop 6B?

I've been listening to 4B (154.775, can only hear dispatch, not the cars) and I hear them talking to 6B cars.

Also, is it just atmosheric conditions, or has CSP somehow changed their radio setup (new towers, more power ect) on the west side of the state? I've lived in my house for 2 years and never heard any CSP troops from the west side of the divide, but now I hear 4B quite frequently though not every day.

rickak

It is probably a simulcast from DTRS, and what you're hearing is a patch. On a recent camping trip to Grand county I noticed CSP Craig dispatch was simulcasting on DTRS and VHF, and it sounded to me like 4x and 6B were patched together then as well.

Rick

gcheno

Premium Subscriber
I've heard 6B cars dispatched on the 4B DTRS TG quite a few times in the past couple months. This thread talks about a similar situation on the front range: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19596

I'm guessing that your hearing 4B dispatch has something to do with a patch as well. As far as I know, the state is putting all of their resources into the DTRS system, and they're only maintaining the VHF system-- not expanding it.

rfburns

CRCC Dispatch

CSP4B and 6B are normally dispatched on CRCC 1. When there's an extra dispatcher working, 6B may be on CSP Ops 1. During the snowstorm Sunday which had almost constant traffic 6Bwas on CRCC 1 and the 4B cars were moved to CRCC 6.

154.755 (not 154.775) on Mines Peak can be heard in the Metro area generally east of Colorado Blvd. It's not a repeater. That's why you don't hear the cars. In the past Mines was not normally selected. It may be a recent change and that is why you are hearing them now. It use to be used before DTR for the cars in the Tabernash and Winter Park area.

The same for 154.83 on Walton Peak. Most days it can be heard east of Colorado Blvd and I've heard it all the way to Limon in the Winter when there's a bit of an inversion.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
rfburns said:
CSP4B and 6B are normally dispatched on CRCC 1. When there's an extra dispatcher working, 6B may be on CSP Ops 1. During the snowstorm Sunday which had almost constant traffic 6Bwas on CRCC 1 and the 4B cars were moved to CRCC 6.

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what does CRCC stand for?

rfburns

CRCC Dispatch

Craig Regional Communications Center.

The State of Colorado operated center in Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.