POTUS in Denver Sept 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
AF-1 doesn't use any special freq's when communicating to ATC. SS has always been encrypted in the past. The motorcade is about the only stuff you can hear.

KB9LMJ

Erik-

Curious, I haven't listened to a Presidential arrival before. Is a CAP common place? I'm sure a TFR will be in affect so my guess is there will be one. Do you know of any MilAir freqs I don't have listed that may be in use? As long as they comply with the TOS, I'll throw them in on the feed too.

Thanks!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
A couple of days before the PODUS arrives; two C-17's normally come in bringing all of the support gear (Helicopters, limos). About 15-30 min before the PODUS touches down, there is a ramp freeze and nobody is allowed to move around the ramp area. There hasn't been a CAP for a while now on any presidential visits. Once AF-1 is on the deck, road blocks are started and as soon as the VIP leaves the base, things are back to normal. The same things happen in reverse when he comes back to the base and departs. A TFR will be in place while he is in town. There aren't any other Freq's you can add to your feed that will not violate the TOS.

kma371

QRT
Currently, a CAP is up for POTUS in San Francisco.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

KB9LMJ

Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions for VIP Movement
Beginning Date and Time : September 27, 2011 at 1900 UTC (1300 MDT)
Ending Date and Time : September 27, 2011 at 2300 UTC (1700 MDT)
1/2901 NOTAM Details

USSS - United States Secret Service
United States Secret Service - The RadioReference Wiki
MT Fed Files: Search results for USSS

[ USSS use P25 NAC 001 on their frequencies ]

Awesome, Thank you! One quick question, as I am trying to fill in the blanks from a period where I was out of the hobby (and technology passed me by). I have a Uniden 296D P-25 scanner. From my understanding, a NAC is loosely similar to a PL/DPL. Is it necessary to program a NAC to receive their signal? Or would just programming the P-25 system in w/o a NAC still let me hear traffic?

Thanks!

kma371

QRT
Awesome, Thank you! One quick question, as I am trying to fill in the blanks from a period where I was out of the hobby (and technology passed me by). I have a Uniden 296D P-25 scanner. From my understanding, a NAC is loosely similar to a PL/DPL. Is it necessary to program a NAC to receive their signal? Or would just programming the P-25 system in w/o a NAC still let me hear traffic?

Thanks!

All you need is the Freq. NAC isn't required

KB9LMJ

That's what I was hoping. I just haven't fooled around with P-25 NACs since the 296D won't do those anyway. Now I need to look around for the manual and figure out how to set it to decode P-25 conventional freqs as opposed to trunking systems. I assume this can't be too hard, I just need to play around with it. I have never had a reason to set it to conventional P-25 before.

Thanks for the info!

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Most times it will auto-detect P25 digital and just decode it. I'm not sure about that particular radio, but most these days have an option to set the frequency as P25 just like you would select FM, NFM and AM.

jim202

I guess all you boys that like to publish the movements of government people forget that the enemy uses all intel it can get to it's advantage. If by some chances any of you have a government security clearance, you do stand the chance of loosing it for your actions.

Don't go blaming me for trying to be the enforcement hand of anybody. I am just trying to point out what consequences your actions can have. Some things are better left unsaid and not passed along.

You should think just for a moment before you go publishing all the details that you think will make you look good in the eyes of the radio community. There are others that use this site for purposes that can have dire results.

dirtfinder

Maybe you should send a copy of this to all the news agencies in the Denver metro area for they all had a more detailed itinerary then what has been discussed here including what time he lands to what time his speech and fundraising events occur and where he will be at and they concluded with what time he would be taking off ... so I am pretty sure the "BAD GUYS" will more likely be watching the news then scanning this forum for info

I guess all you boys that like to publish the movements of government people forget that the enemy uses all intel it can get to it's advantage. If by some chances any of you have a government security clearance, you do stand the chance of loosing it for your actions.

Don't go blaming me for trying to be the enforcement hand of anybody. I am just trying to point out what consequences your actions can have. Some things are better left unsaid and not passed along.

You should think just for a moment before you go publishing all the details that you think will make you look good in the eyes of the radio community. There are others that use this site for purposes that can have dire results.

Warbirdhunter

Any indication what part of town he's going to be in?

(gridlock avoidance question)

Ron I think he's speaking at Abraham Lincoln High School in the afternoon, around 1415 according to 9news. He'll fly into Buckley in the morning. So coming from up North I am not sure if you'll have to stop for the honor of seeing him drive by in the beast. :wink:

kma371

QRT

It's all publicly available info so your comments are moot.

Maybe you should call the FAA and tell them not to post it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Now I need to look around for the manual and figure out how to set it to decode P-25 conventional freqs as opposed to trunking systems.

Find an empty channel in the bank you wish to use and type it in directly and press E to enter it. It will auto detect P25 transmissions. Make sure that the digital card in the radio is enabled by Pressing "Menu/Back" then 3 0 1.

Also make sure the battery pack is charged. The radio current drain is around 300 ma when the digital card is enabled and tends to discharge the OEM battery rather quickly. If you are able run the radio off of the AC adapter.

Despite being "old" the 296D does the job for programming on the fly and narrowband frequencies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Let's keep this on track guys. Further off-topic discussion will result in moderation. Thanks-

KB9LMJ

Find an empty channel in the bank you wish to use and type it in directly and press E to enter it. It will auto detect P25 transmissions. Make sure that the digital card in the radio is enabled by Pressing "Menu/Back" then 3 0 1.

Also make sure the battery pack is charged. The radio current drain is around 300 ma when the digital card is enabled and tends to discharge the OEM battery rather quickly. If you are able run the radio off of the AC adapter.

Despite being "old" the 296D does the job for programming on the fly and narrowband frequencies.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure since I couldn't find the book. I looked up the manual on Google and that's pretty much what it said, but it was kind of vague.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.