Multi Agency/Dont Know What the is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

There appears to be several Larimer County Sheriff units on State DTRS doing some kind of major traffic operations. FCPD,LCSO,CSUPD,Loveland,CSP are all pulling over as many cars as they can. This does not sound like an exercise, they are on Larimer County MAC-2 and Mac-4.

Which brings up my next question when the hell did LCSO get 800 radios or are they just using them from Fort Collins? These are definaltely Larimer units on DTRS though

jpm

In my area here in Illinois we give the mutual aid fire companies radios and when there is a box alarm they are given to the companies at the fire scence. The companies that go mutual aid to us keep the radios we give them as apposed to the box alarms where they are returned upon completion of the box alarm.

skipshark773

I have no idea whats been going on. I tuned in this afternoon and it sounds like theyve got Wellington PD, FCPS, LCSO all working some sort of checkpoint. Most of their operations appear to be on mut aid2 (4055) and mut aid3 (4056). It sounds like mostly mostly LCSO units running the checkpoint. It sounds like theyre looking for open warrants on the subjects they stop. I have no idea where LCSO wouldive gotten the 800 radios. Maybe on loan from FCPS or one of the other agencies thats working the checkpoint too?

M

mpg0515

I have verified that this is not an exercise of any sorts. The thing I dont understand is that they are not in a concentrated area doing traffic stops. The Larimer County unit 9B47 is up by Horestooth Resivior talking to Fort Collins Dispatch or 100

skipshark773

I would guess that the radios were borrowed from FCPS since the dispatcher all the units are in contact with is 100.

[edit]: the operation is still going on at about 10:30 P.M.. Ive heard alot of references to "task force units" and alot of inquiries about property crimes and thefts. Still no real idea as to whats going on. theres no real concentration to the "task force" they seem to be doing traffic wherever and whenever. FCPS, LCSO, and CSP are the primary players at this point.

Last edited:

eyes00only

They do this in the Denver area every so often, and it is a "Fugitive Roundup". That may be what you are hearing, or heard.

Jerry

M

mpg0515

Troop said:
auto theft round up

Ok, so after several hours of listening and watching TV, I have confirmed with one of the FCPD officers, that I know, that this is a "theft exercise." The Larimer units are using FC units radios to better dispatch "all units" on one freq or two.

Sounds wierd, hmmmmm

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I saw this news release on the City of Fort Collins website. Probably what
you heard on Wednesday?

http://www.fcgov.com/news/index.php?ID=102005100516005

Local Law Enforcement Agencies Work Together in Saturation Patrol

Release Date: 10/21/2005

Contact Information:
Rita Davis
Fort Collins Police Services
970-221-6628

On October 19, 2005 between 2 p.m. and midnight, members of the Fort
Collins Police Services, Larimer County Sheriff¡¦s Department, Colorado
State University Police Department and Loveland Police Department combined
resources for the purpose of a traffic/crime saturation patrol in all four
communities. A total of 59 officers participated in this event. This event
allowed officers dedicated time to utilize traffic enforcement as a means of
identifying traffic and criminal violations and to take action.

The saturation patrol resulted in 36 arrests in all of Larimer County with
18 arrests made by Fort Collins Police Services, 11 arrests by the Larimer
County Sheriffs Department, 6 arrests by the Loveland Police Department and
1 by the Colorado State University Police Department. A breakdown of the
arrests follows:
Arrest Breakdown:
„X13 drug offenses
„X12 outstanding misdemeanor and felony warrants
„X10 traffic offenses

In addition to the arrests, 19 traffic summons were issued, small amounts of
both methamphetamine and marijuana were seized and one stolen vehicle and
two stolen laptop computers were recovered.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Similiar situation with Weld agencies on Wed as well inculding the the TF folks.

Non encrypted agencies were hauling people in and lots of traffic stops including a few felony stops.

Lots of encrypted traffic on the higher Greeley TAC TG's. Was hearing very strong transmissions on the site input freqs in my neighborhood when this really started up. This city has been turning into a pit in the past couple of years.

About time they started to take out some of the trash.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.