RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I've been wondering who the use was on 462.975 136.5 for the last couple of months I've been hearing them from my location in Colorado Springs. They seem to be in Jefferson County a lot of the time. I could not locate this frq/tone in the database. Thanks rdrunner_medic.
Like Jim said, the UHF Med system has been pretty much depreciated along the urban Front Range. FFL/SACC and AirLife Denver/HealthOne have repeaters on Squaw Mtn which serve the Metro Area and can probably be heard from your location on the old D&C 9 and D&C 10. Northern Colorado Medevac (NCMC/Banner Health) has a repeater near Greeley on MED 3 that is used for flight following. Other than that there really isn't much use up this way anymore.

For reference:
463.050 PL110.9 "MED 3" Northern Colorado Medevac (NCMC/Banner Health)
462.950 PL141.3 "D&C 9" AirLife Denver (HealthOne System)
462.975 PL136.5 "D&C10" Flight for Life (SAC/Centura Health)
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2012, 2:12 PM

My Pro96com program logged TG 2804 with a radio ID of 129227.
Old 02-25-2012, 5:18 AM

Heard AdCom calling Air Life this evening on "AIRNET" (3996) for a chopper standby. Traffic was being carried on the Lookout site.

Edited to ask: Anyone heard any activity on 2810 recently? I've had it plugged in for over a month and haven't heard a thing on it. I know a lot of you were reporting its use by Air Life or FFL and just wanted to follow up since I haven't heard it used. Any specific towers to catch it off of?

Last edited by rdrunner_medic; 02-25-2012 at 5:26 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 7:38 AM

Heard traffic on 2810 just yesterday off Lookout and Squaw. Judging by the traffic I have heard on this TG, I would say this is all Northern Colorado Med Evac. Haven't heard much on TG 2808.
Old 02-27-2012, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRunner View Post
Heard traffic on 2810 just yesterday off Lookout and Squaw. Judging by the traffic I have heard on this TG, I would say this is all Northern Colorado Med Evac. Haven't heard much on TG 2808.
Great! Thanks for the info. I usually catch 2808 off Smoky Hill, it seems to be used intermittently by SACC to contact LG 5 in Durango.

Last edited by rdrunner_medic; 02-27-2012 at 2:05 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I believe I briefly heard North Colorado MedEvac on TG 2810 this afternoon. Not quite sure which CC since I was driving, but it was surprising to me and my ears perked up. I will watch for it more now. I have their conventional channel in my working lists most of the time, and those TGs in the same scanlist as CSP so I should get more hits in the coming days.
Yaesu FT60-R, Kenwood TM-71A
Old 02-29-2012, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancarlson View Post
I believe I briefly heard North Colorado MedEvac on TG 2810 this afternoon. Not quite sure which CC since I was driving, but it was surprising to me and my ears perked up. I will watch for it more now. I have their conventional channel in my working lists most of the time, and those TGs in the same scanlist as CSP so I should get more hits in the coming days.
Great! Thanks for the update. I can't for the life of me catch anything on that TG and am anxious to see what its real purpose is. Keep us updated and thanks again.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Post TGid 2810

Have heard talkgroup 2810 active today with Medevac 3 talking with there dispatch several times.
Definitely Northern Colorado Medevac.

73, Rex
Old 03-05-2012, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprswatcher View Post
Have heard talkgroup 2810 active today with Medevac 3 talking with there dispatch several times.
Definitely Northern Colorado Medevac.

73, Rex
Great! Thanks for the info. Are they still using MED 3 for flight following, or is it all on 2810 now? Also, who's "Medevac 3"? Did they add another bird?
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2012, 7:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrunnermedic View Post
Great! Thanks for the info. Are they still using MED 3 for flight following, or is it all on 2810 now? Also, who's "Medevac 3"? Did they add another bird?
They have had two ships for a while Greeley and Dacono

Jim<
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM

I know that UCAN in Utah has lifefllight and on other medical helicopter on their trunked, granted not digital system. I am not aware of any problems associated with this and it works very well.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmnn View Post
They have had two ships for a while Greeley and Dacono

Jim<
Gotcha. So is the roster more like this then:

Medevac 1 - Northern Colorado Medical Center (Greeley)
Medevac 2 - Erie Municipal Airpark (Erie)
Medevac 3 - Dacono?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrunnermedic View Post
Gotcha. So is the roster more like this then:

Medevac 1 - Northern Colorado Medical Center (Greeley)
Medevac 2 - Erie Municipal Airpark (Erie)
Medevac 3 - Dacono?
Nope sorry for the confusion, just two total Greeley and Erie but I believe AirLife 2nd ship is nearby in Frederick makes a lot of sense.

Jim<
Old 03-06-2012, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmnn View Post
Nope sorry for the confusion, just two total Greeley and Erie but I believe AirLife 2nd ship is nearby in Frederick makes a lot of sense.

Jim<
Got it. Maybe "Medevac 3" is the call sign for one of their reserve helos when Medevac 1 or 2 is down for repairs?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

2810 and 3996 are usually on Lookout in the Metro area, but are restricted to about nine frequencies. 852.2, 851.9875, 851.4875, 853.0625, 851.4, 852.4125, 853.4875, 852.4875, and 853.4125. Those frequencies are reused at further away sites such as SW Colorado, W. Colorado, Sterling, Pueblo Co, Prowers Co, Chaffee Co, Canon City etc. where aircraft in the Metro area aren't likely to cause interference to those sites.
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2012, 11:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is Medevac3 possibly the new one out of Medical Center of the Rockies? Somebody said that on the ham monitoring net, but I found that hard to believe because of the competition between the hospitals (Medevac being based at NCMC Banner, versus the competition and bad blood they have with PVH and University on the corporate level). It may be possible since they may not have their own channels set up yet. But I don't know this is all speculation, and rumors I have heard. I also don't know personally about the "bad blood" but have heard stories of large land purchases to block each other out of the area in Northern Colorado.

Thanks for the sites they can use! I probably heard them on Lookout, but don't know for sure its one of the four I have in that particular scan list (I just plugged the TGs in this thread in with the ones I usually monitor to see if I picked up anything). I may add a DTRS site and talkgroup system to my air/medical scan list! its so weird they are on DTRS with all the restrictions they have.
Yaesu FT60-R, Kenwood TM-71A
Old 03-07-2012, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancarlson View Post
Is Medevac3 possibly the new one out of Medical Center of the Rockies? Somebody said that on the ham monitoring net, but I found that hard to believe because of the competition between the hospitals (Medevac being based at NCMC Banner, versus the competition and bad blood they have with PVH and University on the corporate level). It may be possible since they may not have their own channels set up yet. But I don't know this is all speculation, and rumors I have heard. I also don't know personally about the "bad blood" but have heard stories of large land purchases to block each other out of the area in Northern Colorado.

Thanks for the sites they can use! I probably heard them on Lookout, but don't know for sure its one of the four I have in that particular scan list (I just plugged the TGs in this thread in with the ones I usually monitor to see if I picked up anything). I may add a DTRS site and talkgroup system to my air/medical scan list! its so weird they are on DTRS with all the restrictions they have.
Since the program at MCR is called AirLink at MCR and is operated in conjunction with AirLink at Regional West, I would hazard a guess that their new helo would have an "AirLink" call sign, although I don't know this for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
2810 and 3996 are usually on Lookout in the Metro area, but are restricted to about nine frequencies. 852.2, 851.9875, 851.4875, 853.0625, 851.4, 852.4125, 853.4875, 852.4875, and 853.4125. Those frequencies are reused at further away sites such as SW Colorado, W. Colorado, Sterling, Pueblo Co, Prowers Co, Chaffee Co, Canon City etc. where aircraft in the Metro area aren't likely to cause interference to those sites.
I seem to catch "AIRNET" on Lookout quite frequently, but 2810 and 2808 have been relatively quiet for me the past month or so. Most traffic I'm hearing is on the VHF Air frequencies. I used to hear 2808 frequently off Smoky Hill with SACC contacting L/G 5 down in Durango, but haven't heard anything as of late.

Last edited by rdrunnermedic; 03-07-2012 at 1:22 AM..