Aurora P.D. Chase / Patch with Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Just caught the tail end of Aurora's high speed chase of a suspect with an automatic weapon. Aurora and Denver patched together and sounded pretty good.

Aurora apprehended the suspect apparently without incident. Pretty exciting for a hump day !

DTRS_Master

Apparently the fleeing subject was a murder suspect from Aurora. Great to hear that they got them patched together. I would be that they used the NetworkFirst to do it - watch for publicity on M/A-COM's web site sometime soon since that's a classic: high speed chase for a murder suspect, patched radios, apprehended suspect. :)

Good job to the agencies involved!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DTRS_Master said:
Apparently the fleeing subject was a murder suspect from Aurora. Great to hear that they got them patched together. I would be that they used the NetworkFirst to do it - watch for publicity on M/A-COM's web site sometime soon since that's a classic: high speed chase for a murder suspect, patched radios, apprehended suspect. :)

Actually at least a few of us were listening before it was patched and chatting on MNN Radio about it, once again was certainly by far not a patch success and lots of back and forth on Cleer first and at least 2 APD cars were also rammed into.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Scan-Denver said:
Just caught the tail end of Aurora's high speed chase of a suspect with an automatic weapon. Aurora and Denver patched together and sounded pretty good.

Aurora apprehended the suspect apparently without incident. Pretty exciting for a hump day !

DENVER - Aurora Police took a man into custody Wednesday night following a high speed chase. They say he's the son of a woman who was found murdered in Montbello earlier in the day.

Officers conducting a welfare check Wednesday found the body of a 51-year-old woman inside her home on the 5200 block of Altura Street. Relatives who gathered outside the home after hearing about the crime identified the woman as Jerlean Harris.

Later Wednesday, Aurora police arrested Jerel Harris, the man Denver Police had named a "person of interest." He was arrested near the corner of Montview Boulevard and Ironton Street following a chase, driving the white GMC truck that was reported missing from his mother's home.

Relatives said Jerlean Harris was a kind woman and a single mother of two. "She did anything that she could for people," said a niece, MaCoya Harris.

Scan-Denver

eyes00only said:
What talkgroups were used for the patch on Denver's / Aurora's system?

Jerry
It all happened so fast (caught the tail end of it) that I didn't look to see what Denver talkgroup they were patched to.

Scan-Denver

jimmnn said:
Actually at least a few of us were listening before it was patched and chatting on MNN Radio about it, once again was certainly by far not a patch success and lots of back and forth on Cleer first
The tail end of it sounded good, at least here downtown.

jimmnn said:
and at least 2 APD cars were also rammed into.
Glad I said it appeared to be without incident :p

RF-Intel

DTRS_Master said:

Since it was between EDACS systems, they would likely have used StarGate. Only problem is that Denver P/S is not in on the stargate scheme quite yet. Most of the time they end up using a JPS patch through Lakewood.

The hubbub over NetworkFirst still makes me wonder... lotta to do over something that is not very impressive in reality.

ref: http://radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15744

-Mark

DTRS_Master

RF-Intel said:
The hubbub over NetworkFirst still makes me wonder... lotta to do over something that is not very impressive in reality.

Yeah, I agree. Between it and MOTOBRIDGE, I don't see much point because there are many products available on the market that do just as good of job (if not, better) at a fraction of the cost.

Scan-Denver

DTRS_Master said:
Yeah, I agree. Between it and MOTOBRIDGE, I don't see much point because there are many products available on the market that do just as good of job (if not, better) at a fraction of the cost.
Interesting term, "Motobridge".

BobWeb

RF-Intel said:
Since it was between EDACS systems, they would likely have used StarGate.

-Mark

I thought StarGate was also patched to the DTRS, at least I've got around six TG's for the state system programmed in. Would these have been included in the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.