Arvada Apt Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
7815 Allison Street working apt fire on the 3rd floor with E-3 onscene reporting heavy fire showing from the deck.

RIT going to work so being replaced by another engine.

All conventional 453.150

Jim<

eyes00only

Wow, Arvada is still conventional! Are they still volunteer too? I just don't listen to much other than Denver, and have really gotten out of the loop.

Jerry

Todd-NG

Keep in mind that Arvada Fire is a "District" and that they are a separate entity from the City of Arvada. Their district covers areas outside the city limits and they are not under the direct control of the City of Arvada. When Westminster and Arvada joined together to buy their EDACS system the fire district was under no obligation to join in and they decided to stay with their conventional system.

Last that I knew, the fire district had gone paid. They did have one or two stations that were still volunteer, but the majority of the firefighters are now paid. Keep in mind that this is information I got a couple of years ago and that things may have changed since then. For all I know they could be 100% paid now!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
I understand some type of voter approved measure was passed and that Arvada Fire will be upgrading their communications sometime next year.

Hopefully they will migrate to the Westy system.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
scanlist said:
I understand some type of voter approved measure was passed and that Arvada Fire will be upgrading their communications sometime next year.

Hopefully they will migrate to the Westy system.

Phil.

Yes a bond measure was approved by the voters in the election earlier this month and Arvada FPD will not only be moving to 800Mhz but also building 2 new stations.

Jim<

Troop

I know they cover anything north of clear creek which includes a little chunk of wheatridge

Status
Not open for further replies.