Does RR program the GRE PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Greetings,

I was looking at a GRE PSR-800. Their website states that this scanner can be programmed by downloading from RR.

However when I look at the wiki on this website for the supported software it stops at the GRE PSR-500/600. am an a Subscriber, so I should have the ability to view this area if it was available.

So the question is;
Is the PSR-800 supported or
Is the list of supported scanner not updated?

Thanks!:confused:

mshowman

Premium Subscriber
It is definitely supported. In fact GRE and RR have an agreement where RR provides the database updates for the 800 and the associated software without you needing to be an RR subscriber, assuming you are using the software provided with the 800. It's also easy to program the 800 using the keypad on the scanner as the scanner has an internal database, with updates provided by RR periodically.

Moosemedic

Still not finding the PSR-800 downloads

Thanks for the reply

Here's the partial list provided by RR:

• PSREdit100 for the GRE PSR-100/200, PSR-200U, PRO-404/405
  • PSREdit300 for the GRE PSR-300/400, PRO-97/2055, PRO-163/164
  • PSREdit310 for the GRE PSR-310/410
  • PSREdit500 for the GRE PSR-500/600. PRO-106, PRO-197
As you can see, the 800 isn't on it, so that's why I asked.
I also asked in the Colorado forum after reviewing many postings from other states, mostly because I wanted feedback from locals that might be more familiar with how the 800 works on Colorado's DTRS.

I made sure I logged on with my Premium Subscription, so if anyone can set the record straight , I'd sure appreciate it.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The database updates are done with the software that comes with the psr 800

kruser

Premium Subscriber
For the 800, it is ALL done via the EZ Scan software that comes with the radio. You do not even know you are getting the data from RR.
As was stated, you do not even need to be a member of RR at all for the 800 to be updated with the latest info.
The Uniden HP-1 works the same exact way with its Sentinel software. No membership needed at all nor do you ever need to logon to the RR site.

It is all handled in the software that comes with those radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.