Scanner Meeting Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
A reminder for everyone Sunday the 20th, from 1:00-4:00 is our next scheduled scanner meeting.

It's located on the N.E. corner of Parker Rd. and Orchard Rd. Behind Conoco.

"Lil Ricci's N.Y. Pizza".

Radio show & tell, monitoring tips, frequency & talk group exchange, laptop radio programming available etc, all along with some good food.

Everyone is welcome. Talk in will be on the MNN-Radio System Channel 1.

Jim< MNN-001
Mountain NewsNet, Inc

jomak

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Will there be time for an impromtu swap meet during the meeting? I was thinking about taking along a few radios (a Yaesu VR-500, Radio Shack Pro-96 and a Yaesu FT-2800) I wanted to sell/trade. I was also going to bring along my old Pro-95 with a built in slicer running Trunker for those that haven't ever used Trunker...if there is any interest.

BTW, Luke, I still have the tiny side cover from the LPE-200 I sold you. Remember to ask me for it.

J.T. Makatura

luke-1

we're still on!

Just got home from work, and got our order in for food around 2:00

Any special requests can be made then

I will have Pro96com set-up and running for anyone to see who isn't using it

I hope we have a great turnout, if this works for everyone, I would like to have meetings here again. Quarterly or something.

Luke

epbernstein

luke-1 said:
we're still on!

Just got home from work, and got our order in for food around 2:00

Any special requests can be made then

I will have Pro96com set-up and running for anyone to see who isn't using it

I hope we have a great turnout, if this works for everyone, I would like to have meetings here again. Quarterly or something.

Luke

I wish I could be there, but two words prevent me from attending:

BRONCO GAME

I look forward to meeting everyone at a future event...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Centennial Gathering

Hey Luke thank you once again what an excellent host, a great place, good food and excellent radio geek company.

A record turnout I believe over 25 folks and many frequencies and talkgroups shared and even a few new radios programmed I believe.

Thanks again and I'm certainly looking forward to February.

Jim<

Scan-Denver

jimmnn said:
Hey Luke thank you once again what an excellent host, a great place, good food and excellent radio geek company.

A record turnout I believe over 25 folks and many frequencies and talkgroups shared and even a few new radios programmed I believe.

Thanks again and I'm certainly looking forward to February.

Jim<
I second that !! Luke, your place is great and thanks to you and everyone else for your hospitality !!

We had 24 scanner heads show up (see list below) and we all had a great time. Thanks to Ed for the tour of channel 2's television station, that was awesome !

For those of you who weren't able to make it, we hope to see you at the next get together. Thanks to Mark, Mike, Jim, and Phil for their wisdom on all the technical radio stuff and for their research on frequencies, talkgroups, and all other info they share.

Now for the attendance list of everyone who attended, if I mis-spell anyone's name, please forgive me and I'll correct it if you advise within 24 hour period allowed to edit posts...

1. Ed
2. Bob
3. Mark
4. Mike
5. Jim
6. Luke
7. Jordan
8. Erik
9. Jerry
10. Steve
11. Mike
12. Joe
13. Dave
14. Bill
15. John
16. Ron
17. Phil
18. Dave
19. Peter
20. George
21. Bob
22. Tim
23. Ed
24. Bill

Thank you all for attending and helping out with the tab. We very much appreciate having a place to meet and are very grateful to Luke and his staff for serving us. For future meetings, lets plan on at least $5 per person to cover the tab at the restaurant and a little somethin' for the waitresses.

Last edited:

BobWeb

Great time Luke and fellow scannists!

Luke - I've got Pro96com working with lists supplied by Jim (thanks!) and now have the scanrec program running. Thanks to you and Jim for your help on this. I'm going to go after the unknown Lakewood and Arvada/Westy TG's I've found first, then the DTRS. Hopefully I can help identify a few.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
I want to personally thank Luke for being our host, bringing us great food, great service, and a great place to meet. I have to say myself, that was some of the best pizza I have ever had and I will for sure be going back. I hope we can all do this again sometime. Great meeting you guys and thanks again Luke!

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Sorry I couldn't be there guys, sounds like it was a great time, hopefully if I can get off this crazy work schedule I can make it to the next one, I would really like to finally meet all you guys.

Kevin

rckydenver

To bad I could'nt make to this scanner meeting too, does sound that you guys had a good time, I work in the afternoons, could'nt call in few co-workers are on vaction, maybe on the next one I'll make it....

epbernstein

Sorry to have missed it as well, but I enjoyed watching the Broncos thrash the Jets.

Gotta plan those gigs for away weeks... :wink:

luke-1

I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up on Sunday, and for the great comments above. I thought the gathering went very well. I would definitely be willing to host more of these in the future.

It was great to meet everyone and I hope everyone had a good time

Luke

Scan-Denver

ROOFLIFECO said:
Scan-Denver said:
7. Jodon
QUOTE]
Oh now come on Bill...Is that how you think of me (as a JODON)??? lol, just kidding. But yeah, its Jordan.
Sorry Jordan, my fingers had a mind or their own yesterday. I have corrected it to read, "Jordan" on the list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention !

Status
Not open for further replies.