Englewood PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone heard voice on id 3075 yet? I believe that's EPD and begun to log it more often on a daily basis but have not gotten any voice yet to confirm.

Jim<

luke-1

Daily hits on PD and FD, but no voice for me either. They have to be getting close.

Luke

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Englewood Truck-22 running a call with South Metro Squirt-38 in Cherry Hills and EFD was on DTRS.

So now we know the radios are installed at least; ears on id 3077 & 3078 which should be there talk groups.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Englewood FD

Dispatch testing with all units currently on id 3077, bet there headed for a Jan 1st switch to DTRS also.

Jim<

christenorio

Englewood pd on state DTRS

jim,
to answer your question The Englewood Police and the Englewood Fire Dept. are now on the state DTRS. I have heard radio traffic on EPD 1 ID# 3075 and EFD ID# 3077

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
christenorio said:
Jim,
I heard radio traffic for Englewood PD on the the state system
id # 3075

That's correct EPD and EFD have been on DTRS since Monday of this week.

3075 EPD Ch 1
3076 EPD Ch 2
3077 EFD Ch 1
3078 EFD Ch 2
3079 Englewood?

Jim<

Steve2003

Boulder is the only one left on vhf! I was talking to one of the CUPD Detectives yesterday and he informed me that there are going to be a huge change for radios in the near future. I start work with CUPD next week and will keep my ears open and let everyone know if I hear anything else.

M

mpg0515

Steve2003 said:
Boulder is the only one left on vhf! I was talking to one of the CUPD Detectives yesterday and he informed me that there are going to be a huge change for radios in the near future. I start work with CUPD next week and will keep my ears open and let everyone know if I hear anything else.

What about Larimer County? All comms with Larimer SO are still VHF. I love it. Add in the "crappy" patches and you still have an agency that trys to tolerate P25. And again until someone at the state level decides that it is important to install some towers to cover the Boulder and Larimer mountain areas we will continue to have some "crappy" patches. This is some "great" interops recently with all the wildfires, and yes I am kidding

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Going to be interesting later this year when they get 2 DTRS sites operational in Boulder County.

Problem is that C.U. PD, like CSU and UNC, will end up on DTRS while the city of Boulder will remain VHF and has no plans of going 800. There goes the seamless communications with the City. Unless C.U. ends up carrying their current MT1000's for staying in contact with the city and XTS 5K's for themselves.

Unless something has radically changed with Larimer county I do not see them moving to 800. The same goes for Boulder County moving off of VHF anytime soon citing the economics of $400 vertex radios vs $4K motos.

From the sounds of it, since the original thread is about Englewood, I hear the infamous "clunk" of Johnson radio microphones from some of the Englewood field users. I heard radio techs attempting to fix that issue with Firestone PD radios on the air several weeks ago. At least, so far, I have not heard the audio 3 to 4 times louder than everyone else from Englewood radios in the field.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
From the sounds of it, since the original thread is about Englewood, I hear the infamous "clunk" of Johnson radio microphones from some of the Englewood field users. I heard radio techs attempting to fix that issue with Firestone PD radios on the air several weeks ago. At least, so far, I have not heard the audio 3 to 4 times louder than everyone else from Englewood radios in the field.

Phil.[/QUOTE]

The EFD radios I have seen are Motorolas Phil.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.