Glendale

Status
Not open for further replies.

epbernstein

I'm spending the weekend in Denver less than a mile from Glendale. I've been monitoring their TGs all night and I haven't heard a single transmission. No way they're that quiet on a Friday night.

Signal strength on my 396T is 5 bars...

eyes00only

I still haven't gotten rich enough for a 396 yet, but I notice they have some 700 MHz frequencies in the database. Do you have them programmed? Also I think Denver took over their fire department, so that may be on Denver's system, but from what I remember about Glendale, there should be a lot of PD traffic at bar closing time! Denver's real busy with DUI's etc. now. I've heard "give me an I-Call" 20 times today. Damn I want a 396! I'm sure you'll get some better info when the 'smart people' wake up :).

Jerry

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
epbernstein said:
I'm spending the weekend in Denver less than a mile from Glendale. I've been monitoring their TGs all night and I haven't heard a single transmission. No way they're that quiet on a Friday night.

Which site is your 396 getting stuck on? The 396 has a bad habit of stopping on the first freq in the system list and not resuming scan for other freqs in that system even when there is no signal. Uniden blew it on this radio.

Your radio needs to be on the Glendale (DTB) site with CC of 868.7000 as a sure bet for 100% on their TG's.

I heard plenty of Glendale activity on the Lookout site last night.

Phil.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
eyes00only said:
Damn I want a 396!
Might wanna wait till Rad shack comes out with a replacement for the PRO-96. The 396 is a big disappointment for a few of us power users. Uniden rushed this radio out too soon IMO.

If you live in EDACS territory the BC246T is a decent analog scanner that does I-calls. And costs around $200 vs $500+ for the 396.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
epbernstein said:

Signal strength should not be your problem, but the expensive paperweight your 396T certainly could be it likes to lock on a strong signal CC and not resume scanning properly. Additionally remember GPD only covers one square mile of strip clubs and apartment buildings so the radio traffic is going to be light nothing like monitoring DPD on a Friday or Saurday night. Often they will affiliate with a CC other than Glendale as well like Smoky Hill, Lookout, Thorodin or Greenwood Village.

Lookout Mtn site is almost loaded (all 17 frequencies) this morning with mostly roads related traffic but lots of PD as well if your up to monitor at 6am.

Jim<

luke-1

epbernstein said:

Glendale is not usually very busy believe it or not. The Greenwood tower has great reception from there, and will get you everything from that area. You might get the capital tower from where you are. One use for the 396 anyway.

Luke

epbernstein

scanlist said:
Which site is your 396 getting stuck on? The 396 has a bad habit of stopping on the first freq in the system list and not resuming scan for other freqs in that system even when there is no signal. Uniden blew it on this radio.

Your radio needs to be on the Glendale (DTB) site with CC of 868.7000 as a sure bet for 100% on their TG's.

I heard plenty of Glendale activity on the Lookout site last night.

Phil.

Well, I got the radio to stick to 868.7000 (wish I knew how I did it), and I've been monitoring it for about an hour with no activity on the Glendale TGs. Weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.