Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Last I was down there, I'm pretty sure I was using Adams Simulcast. Ctrl 772.99375.

thorntonoid

yep - Adams Simulcast, can you even hear the Simulcast down in Littleton?

Last edited:

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
That 3-site system has some really peculiar propagation when you add it all together.

Adams 2 (Brighton water tank) and Adams 3 (Hilltop park site) produce almost nothing down there, but Adams 1 (the Civic Center site) can provide fully decodable coverage to most of the high points around the Littleton area. It will depend upon the OP's actual location in Littleton, and his antenna situation. There's a lot of holes where it wouldn't fly, but a lot of area where it will in LIttleton.

MikeyB

That 3-site system has some really peculiar propagation when you add it all together.

Adams 2 (Brighton water tank) and Adams 3 (Hilltop park site) produce almost nothing down there, but Adams 1 (the Civic Center site) can provide fully decodable coverage to most of the high points around the Littleton area. It will depend upon the OP's actual location in Littleton, and his antenna situation. There's a lot of holes where it wouldn't fly, but a lot of area where it will in LIttleton.

That makes a lot of sense. When I listen to the Simulcast system I sometimes get 5 bars (on PSR 500) and other times I get nothing or very little. It's almost like it is scanning through the 3 sites and locks on 1 for 15 seconds, then another for 15 seconds and then another for 15 seconds. Is there a way to make it stay on one?

When I was logging extensively about a year ago, I was hearing Brighton PD/FD almost 100% of the time on Lookout and Thorodin. Has this changed? I also sometimes heard them on Smoky Hill.

thorntonoid

I have set up two scanners side by side one set to Thorodin and one set to Simulcast. Thorodin only hits about 10% of the time. I don't know how it works when you have 3 sites, all with the same cc. Each site must measure reception and decide which one will transmit? In my mind, it would seem you would get a lot of strange mixing if the sites all transmitted at the same time, even with digital, if the transmitting timing was off, just a little. Simulcast dosen't confuse my PSR 500, but my PSR 800 dosen't like it and goes digital often, right in the middle of a transmission.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I don't know how it works when you have 3 sites, all with the same cc. Each site must measure reception and decide which one will transmit? In my mind, it would seem you would get a lot of strange mixing if the sites all transmitted at the same time, even with digital, if the transmitting timing was off, just a little. Simulcast dosen't confuse my PSR 500, but my PSR 800 dosen't like it and goes digital often, right in the middle of a transmission.

Simulcast pretty much means that they all transmit the same information at almost the same time. You absolutely get mixing of the sites and the end result for the PSR-800 is simulcast digital distortion.

thorntonoid

Kinda figured it would distort like shortwave, confirmation is good to have
I think I'll keep the PSR 500 - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.