Badnews...somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troop

Most metro area Troops and even rural troops are getting CAD put back into their MDCs which means you'll probably hear a little less radio traffic. You'll still hear some, but those troopers who are profeicent with CAD will usually handle calls over the MDC.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I thought that must be the case since I had heard some of the 1c and 1d cars talking on tac channels about logging on and such.

What system are they using? Is it a pilot program still or has the state signed the contract and going live on CAD where ever they can?

Troop

it's a full blown program and it must have good coverage because even the troops in Burlington have it, and the old system didnt make it past Byers....I think Dist 6 and 1 have it in every car, District 3 is set for Jan sometime. I dont know what kind of system it is, I havent had a chance to check it out.

lostguy

I have heard the Distrcit 2 troopers asking for CAD numbers. There still must be some dead spots in the outling areas, at least i have heard them say that they are out of range. I am guessing that they will be using this system alot for clearances and driver licenses and such? One question that came to mind, if there is a warrant/want, you use to hear alert tones and location of the officer. What happens in this case?

Troop

lostguy said:
I have heard the Distrcit 2 troopers asking for CAD numbers. There still must be some dead spots in the outling areas, at least i have heard them say that they are out of range. I am guessing that they will be using this system alot for clearances and driver licenses and such? One question that came to mind, if there is a warrant/want, you use to hear alert tones and location of the officer. What happens in this case?

you'll still hear it..even though you find a warrant on the MDC, it still needs to be confirmed and located by the dispatcher, so they'll still tone it out once they find it.

Troop

ErikB said:
I have to ask, what is CAD? Are MDC's mobile data consoles? Thanks for humoring the dumb question.

CAD-Computer Aided Dispatch MDC-Mobile Data Computer

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
CSP started their statewide roll-out of their new CAD software in conjunction with Verizon's EV-DO (avg. 300Kbps) network. They are using modems which are capable of operating under the 1xRTT (80Kbps) protocol when EV-DO coverage is not available.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Correction to my last post (Logitec is correct)...

CSP is primarily using 1xRTT wireless and testing EV-DO on select units only.

Status
Not open for further replies.