Boulder PD/FD on DTRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Seeing talkgroups 9546 thru 9555 listed in the DB as belonging to the city of Boulder with PD and FD channels 3 thru 6 from 9546 thru 9553 in the descriptions. Any ideas where this came from?

Makes no sense that the city has applied for addition VHF frequencies and added additional VHF infrastructure in the past year. If anything with the city using Kenwood gear I would expect either P25 or NXDN on their VHF system for any path to digital.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Those TG's just appeared in the DB but I was very surprised because word out of both Boulder City and County is we love our VHF system and are not changing.

Jim<

jfab

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; EVO Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I would HIGHLY doubt boulder is getting anywhere near dtrs. However, Longmont did it so I suppose anything can happen. I'm with a rescue agency in Boulder County and I have not heard any mention of dtrs for the city or County.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Keep in mind that even though an agency may not be switching to DTRS that they may still have Talkgroups assigned, and have some radios out there for inter operability.

For example Pitkin Co got some grant money that put a DTRS radio in most Command vehicles for each agency, and all the ambulances have DTRS. They also have a couple of Talkgroups that are never used, but they are still in the radios and might see an affiliation occasionally.

Don't discount an agency just because their primary ops are still conventional.

scanlist

So where did this submission originate from? Usually the question of submissions being legit are posted here in the forum. It's common knowledge that area TF ops are on the state system.

In the city's channel naming scheme the TG designations appear bogus.

That and the recent expansion of the VHF system.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
So where did this submission originate from? Usually the question of submissions being legit are posted here in the forum.

The submission originated from another user - if he/she wants to make themselves known, they can do so.

Our method has always been that new database entries are not vetted in the forums - only changes to existing entries. If these talk groups are known to be used for something else, let's talk about it now.

scanlist

These groups as submitted are not it use by the city,

It has been suggested to me that these may be a reserved block if the city decides to move however there is no signs of any form that the PD/FD are moving.

This thread could be revived many years down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.