Another Wellington Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

A modular home is currenty burning just outside of Wellington at CR64 and County Line Road (CR3). At one time the home was fully engolfed. And once again since this is a pretty large fire the response has made all of the Wellington FPD respond. Also Nunn, PFA (Tender12, Bureau 12) enroute.

Current Freqs again: 158.880 156.7pl mostly operations right now and 154.340 fireground

Also, now that I know about the Aurora Civil Defense repeater, you all south can listen on 154.100. lol

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
question about 154.34

I receive 154.34 PL 151.4 here near Cheyenne Wy, and it is quite busy. I am wondering if maybe it is coming from Littleton simulcast. Does anybody know what this is? 154.34 is in Larimer county but uses a tone of 156.7. Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
kd7gxu said:
I receive 154.34 PL 151.4 here near Cheyenne Wy, and it is quite busy. I am wondering if maybe it is coming from Littleton simulcast. Does anybody know what this is? 154.34 is in Larimer county but uses a tone of 156.7. Thanks!

What type of traffic are you hearing?

Jim<

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:

Jim<

You are definately hearing some metro traffic, 156.7 pl in Wellington is all simplex for the time being. Wellington FPD just applied for an FB2 license (repeater) on this freq. You are probably hearing some dispatch tone outs from the metro agency.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
jimmnn said:

Jim<

It sounds like fire dispatch in a busier place like maybe Denver area. The thing that got me wondering was, that Wheatland Wyoming uses that freq 154.34 and the tone on their county dispatch is 151.4, but Wheatland is definately not busy. I use a 4 bay dipole array on VHF so I can hear quite well on that band.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
kd7gxu said:
It sounds like fire dispatch in a busier place like maybe Denver area. The thing that got me wondering was, that Wheatland Wyoming uses that freq 154.34 and the tone on their county dispatch is 151.4, but Wheatland is definately not busy. I use a 4 bay dipole array on VHF so I can hear quite well on that band.

If it sounds like dispatch only traffic then you are hearing Littleton FD, pretty good range.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.