Aurora Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suavechef

I just bought a Pro-164 used and am attempting to get it set up to scan Aurora. I used the Butel software as it had two free RR Database imports. I imported Aurora and sent the data to the scanner. Now when I go to scan i don't hear anything, I had the radio shack forum look at my config and it looked good from what they could tell.

Now I am coming to you guys here. Anyone that is scanning Aurora and could possibly help me? I am a novice and have read all kinds of manuals and such online and still no luck.

Thanks for looking.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I replied in the other forum, not sure if you saw that, but I think (?) you need to check off the delay boxes for each EDACS frequency in the bank. They are all showing as off. Click on the delay box next to each frequency to set it to black, like the empty channels, then reload the file.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Before online imports we rolled our own profiles

Load this into your scanner and see if it works. I use this profile on my PRO-163 Desk radio and PRO-97 portable radio and works flawlessly.

Note this is in the WIN97 format and works with the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PRO-163 and PRO-164 models. Everyone is invited to download this.

Bank 0 is blank Aurora is in Bank 1 and 2 thru 9 have other systems and conventional frequencies for the area.

Attachments

• DeskMETRO513.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 64

scanlist

If you are in Aurora and hearing nothing on the Aurora system then I would say that your radio is defective. If you got it at radioshack time to exchange it.

The only other situation I can think of with one of these radios failing to lock on to an 800 system is if you are near or right next to a cell tower.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Thanks for this. I loaded it and am getting some airport traffic but nothing else. Of course I am no where near the other areas.

What part of Aurora do you live in. Maybe we can meet up and I can take a look at the radio for you.

scanlist

I had family that lived near that area and the interference from cellular towers is so bad that my radios were pretty useless when I was visiting them.

Take your radio with you the next time you go shopping or to work and see if your radio starts to work away from your home. If it does then radio interference from cellular towers is the problem.

Suavechef

Thank you all for your help. I think it is safe to say that this is an equipment issue. I am sending it back and will be looking into getting a Pro-106 when I can afford one. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.