Loveland Shredder, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Loveland: Wilson & Fountain person trapped in a tree shredder requesting PD chaplin to the scene. O/F 154.010, DTRS, Online >499< 001

Sounding fatal batt chief, paramedic supervisor and E-4 clearing the scene.

Loveland U/D: Confirming one fatal, coroner just arriving and OSHA requested also. /037 onscene, 499/ 001

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Man Killed In Tree Shredder Machine

POSTED: 3:31 pm MST December 28, 2005
UPDATED: 5:19 pm MST December 28, 2005

LOVELAND, Colo. -- A man was killed Wednesday afternoon in a freak accident after he apparently fell into a tree shredding machine.

The victim, a worker for Brian's Tree Service, was trimming birch trees at a house in the 1900 block of Wilson Avenue in Loveland when he slipped into the large commercial tree shredder.

Officers with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Loveland Police Department are investigating.

The machines are used to chop up large tree limbs into mulch.

The victim has not been identified.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Thats god awful. I live in Loveland didn't have the scanner on though.

One bad thing about having a scanner is when you hear these types of things. New years just this weekend too.

My condolences to his family.

I wonder if OHSA will propose something that will make it safer to operate one of these tree trimmers. I'm curious as to how in the world this happened. I've seen this very company, also the city cut tress down all the time. Boo!-Poltergeisty :-0

Status
Not open for further replies.