"Lakewood PD / West Metro Fire / Wheat Ridge" System Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Looking for some input here - adding Arvada to this list would start making this system name get a bit out of control. And given that Denver's Mount Morrison P25 site will soon be part of this, i'm looking for some input into what a proper name for this system should be. Ideas?

kjk681

Premium Subscriber
They call it the Denver Metro Core.

The Lakewood system is actually not on this core yet. It only includes Network First, Arvada and the Denver P25 site.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Yeah, but that name really isn't good for our purposes and that's why I'm looking for some input.

I do understand that Lakewood isn't on it but we keep systems with the same system ID and WACN together for the purposes of scanning. It's not useful to create a separate system in the database just to move everything together again in a few months :)

04Z1V6

I have been a pro acronym member of RR for a long time. I understand that the new user may not understand all the acronyms if we start using them. I have seen notes above some systems explaining county systems that have combined dispatch, and I think if you look at most of the peoples personal scanner files we all use abbreviations to explain are city and county systems. I do also understand that the scanners that are being put out to "auto program" on the fly may not like this type of header but with systems combining all the time it may be time to use short concise abbreviations with a explanation in the DB of what its long name really is. I think all most all of us after downloading are files go to them and change the names of are systems and individual TG's. That's the fun of this sport.

FiremanSparky

"Lakewood PD / West Metro Fire / Wheat Ridge System Name Change

If this will eventually encompass Lakewood, Denver, Wheat Ridge, & Arvada, may I suggest "Denver Metro West Public Safety"? And if Aurora decides to jump on the bandwagon in the future: "Denver Metro Public Safety".

Last edited:

greenthumb

Database Admin
If this will eventually encompass Lakewood, Denver, Wheat Ridge, & Arvada, may I suggest "Denver Metro West Public Safety"? And if Aurora decides to jump on the bandwagon in the future: "Denver Metro Public Safety".

These are along the lines of what i'm looking for - how about "West Denver Metro Public Safety" with an eventual evolution to "Denver Metro Public Safety"?

Steve2003

Considering all the other multi-agency systems in other states we can go with a modified version of one of the following acronyms:

Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC)
Land Mobile Radio (LMR)
Wireless Information/Interagency Network (WIN)
Regional Communications System (RCS)

Or add some humor and come up with our own:
BRNCO - Bandwagon Regional Network Communications Overlay!
(I am really a Bronco fan at heart)

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Harris Metro Communications Network (HMCN)
Metro Harris Communications Network (MHCN)
Metro Integrated Communications Network (MICN)
Metro Digital Communications Network (MDCN)

Not Likely:
Former EDACS Users Digital Network (FEUDN)
Forgoing DTRS (FDTRS)

LMR_Dude

ILUVLMRS (Interoperable Lakewood Urban Voice Land Mobile Radio System)
SCANNERS (Scenic Colorado Audio Networked Narrowband Enhanced Radio System)
PSIONIC (Public Safety Interoperable Orthogonal Network In Colorado)

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
ILUVLMRS (Interoperable Lakewood Urban Voice Land Mobile Radio System)
SCANNERS (Scenic Colorado Audio Networked Narrowband Enhanced Radio System)
PSIONIC (Public Safety Interoperable Orthogonal Network In Colorado)

I vote for PSIONIC!

blacksalt

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a scanner person at all so I don't speak the language. I used to report so long ago I had to go to the stations and read paper. When I picture these areas, it's the map I see, of course and the central glue is West Metro Fire.

As someone without a scanner, I use the web and the phone app, so my response is from that market. If I were looking for those jurisdictions, I'd probably stop at West Metro. The only city police/fire missing from that is Golden. Intuitively, I'd expect that as part of the package. Not finding it in there, I'd search further, of course, and find it as a stand-alone.

If I'm way off base for you expert guys, please don't shoot me. My SO won't know which feed to go to find the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.