Northern Colorado DTRS towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wozz

I'm taking a trip up to Cheyenne tomorrow and was curious if anyone had suggestions for which DTRS towers between Denver and Cheyenne see the most activity. Currently I'm looking at Bald Mountain (361), Horsetooth Mountain (362), Loveland (363), Greeley (326), Fort Collins (360) and Fort Morgan (316) programmed in. Any other towers I should be paying attention to (or not paying attention to)?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
wozz said:
I'm taking a trip up to Cheyenne tomorrow and was curious if anyone had suggestions for which DTRS towers between Denver and Cheyenne see the most activity. Currently I'm looking at Bald Mountain (361), Horsetooth Mountain (362), Loveland (363), Greeley (326), Fort Collins (360) and Fort Morgan (316) programmed in. Any other towers I should be paying attention to (or not paying attention to)?

Won't get much on 316 from I-25.

313, 361 and 362 should be your primary. Don't forget 112 also, just kidding Mead is an awful site.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
You will lose the Colorado system shortly after you cross into wyoming. Also the Wyoming group here on Rad refer have posted that Cheyenne PD and Laramie County S.O. are currently combined on their communications and that 155.790 is being used to dispatch Cheyenne PD. Basically use all the freqs for both city of Cheyenne PD and Laramie County S.O. for Law coverage. This is temporary until they get they WyoLink DTRS operational later this year.

Phil.

scanman310

Does anyone have a picture of what the DTRS towers look like or is it an add on antenna at an existing cell (or other) tower? If it's an add on, does anyone have a picture of what the antenna looks like?
Thanks
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.