Black Forest fire chief problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Here is Part-1 of a 3 part series about Black Forest Fire Chief, Bob Harvey's handling of the beginning of the Black Forest fire. After he called all the media to his fire station a few days ago to announce (all on his own) that he thought it was arson (and ticked off everyone else involved in the investigation), he is not answering any phone calls from the media after this new story. It actually sounds a little like the media is not happy about being used for his little 15 minutes of fame.

Questions surface about decisions made at beginning of Black Forest Fire | News - Home

Last edited:

dw2872

Looking back at MNN pages, it looks like Bob even heard comms around 2:07 pm between the Black Forest Fire Chief and El Paso County fire that indicated they were "getting a handle on it pretty quickly".

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM from Dan to MNN Dispatchers
El Paso County/Black Forest: I have the fire near Shoup and Hwy-83. (017)

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM from Dan to MNN Group
El Paso County/Black Forest: 4385 Darr Circle, rapid spreading fire NE of Shoup Rd and Hwy-83. El Paso County FD 3001 ordering several additional air resources. O/F EPSO Red, C2. (017)

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM from Bob to MNN Dispatchers
El Paso Cnty fire is the Falcon Fire (sounds like its on Falcon Rd). Comms between Black Forest chief and EPSO sounded like they're getting a handle on it pretty quickly. 191

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM from Dan to MNN Dispatchers
El Paso County/Black Forest fire: The Falcon Rd mentioned on EPSO C2 is actually Falcon Dr crosses with Shoup Rd in Black Forest. O/F EPSO Red, C2, CSFD C-4. (017)

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM from Dan to MNN Group
El Paso County/Black Forest fire: U/D 4385 Darr Cir fire. Wind just pushed to west, pulling people back, garage now involved and house almost involved. Trying to shut Shoup Rd down. O/F EPSO Red, C2, CSFD C-4. (017)

Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM from Dan to MNN Group
El Paso County/Black Forest fire: U/D Now requesting resources from Peyton and Larkspur. Deputies are responding using comms on EPSO C4. FFs just lost the garage. Ordering evac of north at Lodge at Cathedral Pines due to spot fires on east side of Milam Rd (017)

That's just a taste. MNN has a pretty good timeline of what happened after that too.

Last edited:

dw2872

anunyqym.jpg

superfreak

True or not, I cannot imagine the ambulance chasers and insurance companies sensing blood in the water. I guess that they will stop when there is no more money left. That won't take long with all the damage done.

I do know that Harvey seems to end up in controversy a little too often. If BF FPD was serious about fending off the media, they would have hired a crisis management PR firm. Having the chief on TV saying "No comment" all the time is not a good PR strategy.

dw2872

A letter was presented that says the Black Forest FFs are supporting their boss...

The executive session (closed door) of the Black Forest Fire Protection District. They decided they will put together a timeline sequence of events for the fire and an "independent investigator" will be called in to investigate what really happened.

One member of the public in this video said that if this chief or any chief denied help with the fire then they should be charged with manslaughter.

Investigator Will Look At How Black Forest Fire Was Handled

kc0kp

Being the part of the engineer's test I did the worst on, I would rather draft water from a porta-pond. Then a cistern and finally from a lake. In a porta-pond you can see the quality of the water and if your screens are clogging plus you need less suction to pull water.
In a pond, the big stuff clogs the screens while the small stuff grinds the pumps.
I have only pumped from a cistern once and that was in training. It was okay but still a dark hole to me.
Craig

dw2872

Retired Greenwood Village Police Commander Dave Fisher, assisted by Dave Daley, an operations executive officer at South Metro Fire Rescue in Centennial, will be conducting the internal investigation into the events that transpired on June 11th. It sounds like the BFFD district board hired them to clear the chief.

By Black Forest FDs own admission, CSFD arrived only 4 minutes after they did and that is WAY out of CSFDs area.

http://www.krdo.com/news/black-fore...sp_break&tmi=cosp_break_1_12400112102013&ts=H

dw2872

I heard some interesting conversations on the El Paso County Fire Marshal channel between Black Forest fire chief (callsign 700) and Scott Campbell (callsign 3001) toward the very beginning of the fire that day. Some got saved on my computer via ProScan and my 396XT and some were missed with all the other radio traffic being scanned. EDIT: I see some of them were released and listed under FM on the timeline.

Mick

I hear Scott Campbell on the County Fire radio often. Do you know which agency he works for? Thanks in advance.

I heard some interesting conversations on the El Paso County Fire Marshal channel between Black Forest fire chief (callsign 700) and Scott Campbell (callsign 3001) toward the very beginning of the fire that day. Some got saved on my computer via ProScan and my 396XT and some were missed with all the other radio traffic being scanned. EDIT: I see some of them were released and listed under FM on the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.