CDOT Hanging Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikB

Feed Provider
The CDOT plows have been busy working around Gunnison lately (HWY 50, HWY 135 mainly). They refer to their dispatch as Hanging Lake, does anyone know where this is? Just Curious.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
ErikB said:
The CDOT plows have been busy working around Gunnison lately (HWY 50, HWY 135 mainly). They refer to their dispatch as Hanging Lake, does anyone know where this is? Just Curious.

Hanging Lake is the tunnels and elevated area just East of Glenwood Springs in the canyon.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
ErikB said:
Wow, that was fast Jim, thanks. Seems like a ways a way to dispatch the Gunnison plows from.

Pretty cool picture of Hanging Lake Dispatch Center Erik.

Jim<

Last edited:

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
anyone know when and if hanging lake -garco c-dot trucks might go online as far as dtrs?

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
im hearing 8018 ids as well as 8020-for 170-hanging lake tunnel towards rifle

rfburns

CDOT Patrols

skipshark773 said:
I think i may have heard some 1K units on 2497 this afternoon...while im at it, does anybody have a list of the CDOT districts, counties covered, and dispatch centers?

I've posted this here before, but to save you from having to do a search here is the link.
<http://www.dot.state.co.us/App_DTD_DataAccess/Downloads/StatewideMaps/MaintPatrols.pdf>

CDOT has many maps on line with this type of info. What is missing is the dispatch comm center, but it is pretty easy to figure out.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
8018 (CDOT Grand Junction area) active on the DTRS this morning, maybe a slow move is underway?

Jim<

rfburns

Last I heard CDOT didn't have any money budgeted for West Slope DTR. They get a few out of Telecomm for coverage testing. You would think if they got them anywhere on the West Slope it would be Summit Co so they could talk to the Metro plows that go up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.