RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 6:20 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Talkgroups 6, 2295, 2992 and 3997 are still in use on the DTRS system.

We'll have to sort out which talkgroups are in use on both systems and which are only in use on a single system.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question about the FRCC entry in the DB...
I'm trying to program up a Uniden 436HP using sentinel and I can't find an FRCC entry anywhere in Colorado. Do I need to create it manually or is it somewhere that I just can't find?

Thanks...
Old 02-17-2014, 6:47 AM
Multistate DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

It's a two step process. In sentinel, use the update master db, and when that is done, use "write to scanner".
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks. Very familiar with sentinel operation. What I'm saying is in the master DB area under Colorado the FRCC system isn't showing up in any county involved....not in National, Statewide or County. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

They usually pull the DB sunday night/Monday morning. Just downloaded the current DB and its in there now. It wasn't in there a few days ago.

Uniden I think pulls the DB 2-3 times a week depending on the amount of changes made.
Old 02-17-2014, 8:45 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The following talkgroups were also received today on DTRS:
6, 1907, 1910, 1913, 1938, 2295, 2296, 3997, 3998, 4007, 4008, 4072 and 8161.

Talkgroups 6, 3997, 3998 and 4007 were quite active on DTRS however no activity was noted on FRCC (Weld Simulcast).

My assumption is talkgroups 1907, 1910, 1913 and 1938 on the DTRS system were related to radios still being switched over to FRCC?

There was also a list of unknown talkgroups today on the FRCC system: 431, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 and 9557.
Old 02-17-2014, 8:50 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

Forgot to mention the other day, for those who want or need to know what talkgroups are shared between the systems, please start an article in the Wiki. I can start a heading (anyone can) and that's what the wiki is there for.

Down the road, this thread may get buried, but the wiki (which can be linked to the system) will always be there.
Old 02-17-2014, 9:19 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...nsortium_(FRCC)
Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
They usually pull the DB sunday night/Monday morning. Just downloaded the current DB and its in there now. It wasn't in there a few days ago. Uniden I think pulls the DB 2-3 times a week depending on the amount of changes made.
Yep just did the update and it's there. Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2014, 3:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default FRCC System

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the new FRCC P-25 system to their radio? I have a PSR-500/600 and Butel software to program them. I wasn't able to find the new system when I clicked on 'Colorado' and then 'Trunked Systems'. I only found the Colorado DTRS and DTRS on Wheels systems.
www.flikr.com/mojaveflyer
Old 02-18-2014, 7:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojaveflyer View Post
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the new FRCC P-25 system to their radio? I have a PSR-500/600 and Butel software to program them. I wasn't able to find the new system when I clicked on 'Colorado' and then 'Trunked Systems'. I only found the Colorado DTRS and DTRS on Wheels systems.
I believe you're going to have to go to the county level for either Weld or Adams County. DTRS is a state system so it's listed for the entire state, but FRCC only serves Weld and Adams at this time so it won't show up for the entire state.
Old 02-22-2014, 8:34 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question

Is Greeley PD & Ambulance on the FRCC?
Old 02-23-2014, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Yeah, basically all TG's from the Weld County DTRS section, are now on the FRCC system. Also, all DTRS sites in Weld County were moved to FRCC.
Old 02-23-2014, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Greeley PD is pretty much confined to the simulcast sites (853.3125 CC) with some activity showing up on the Nunn site.

Banner ambulance is heard on all the sites covering Weld County.

Greeley Fire is the same as the PD on the simulcast sites and does show up on the neighboring sites to the North and South. Likely neighboring departments monitoring their TG.

As far as 19xx Talkgroups showing up on DTRS. They are still having problems with some radios in the field that did not transition over to FRCC properly. Not surprising with the number of radios used in the area.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM

So, what is CSP doing in Weld County for comms, without access to FRCC? I would think that losing all the Weld Co. Towers would have a much bigger impact than losing Adams Simulcast...

Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Not much of an impact really. Buckhorn covers the Western part of Weld county quite well and was the VHF radio site years ago. In fact I'm using Buckhorn for the weekly commute from Greeley to Boulder county.

CSP coverage for the Weld area includes Buckhorn, Horsetooth, Bald Mountain, CDOT 14th Ave (Greeley), Mead, Gunbarrel, Point of Rocks, Squaw Mountain and Thorodin. Licenses have been granted for a DTRS site at New Raymer to cover losing access to the site retained by Weld.
Old 02-24-2014, 1:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just heard Medevac on Med 3 (463.05) saying that they don't have any DTR coverage near Akron. I have picked them up on the Longmont site once in a while. Did they not move over to FRCC? Their conventional channels seem to be working well. Its good they have them as a backup!
Yaesu FT60-R, Kenwood TM-71A
Old 02-24-2014, 2:11 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

Aircraft DTRS radios are only assigned certain sites to prevent a bunch of radio issues. I'd hope, but there is a possibility that the allowed sites in the system software has not been updated to reflect the coverage change.
Old 02-24-2014, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancarlson View Post
I just heard Medevac on Med 3 (463.05) saying that they don't have any DTR coverage near Akron. I have picked them up on the Longmont site once in a while. Did they not move over to FRCC? Their conventional channels seem to be working well. Its good they have them as a backup!
As I understand it, anyone NOT listed in the Weld County and Adams County FRCC Talkgroup sections basically have zero access to FRCC sites, unless they borrow/requisition FRCC radios and use a "pre-existing" FRCC Talkgroup/dispatch channel.
Old 02-24-2014, 4:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Greeley PD

I'm not sure why I still can't hit Greeley PD, I have no trouble hitting Weld County Fire or Sheriff's Dept.. The freq. I been hitting for Weld County is on 853.3125 very strong signal for all their transmissions. I have the new 6 freq's for FRCC put in. Any clues why I'm not getting Greeley PD? Are they on a lower power?

Does Weld Fire dispatch for Dacono Fire? If so what is their TG?