BCD396T just Got It

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

BCD396T WOW!!!!

Nice radio, good looks, good Audio (no rattle or rasp), displayis ok, small package (half the size of my PRO-96), nice feel and a bunch of features, I may never figure them all out! It is the Pro Scanners users, Scanner

Dont realy like the clip on the back.

Very antenna selective, just wish it had a BNC connector. But the adaptor works.

I got the radio from Grove also got the Nylon case (not the best, baggie). Probley going to send the case back and get another one.

Programing software is good (took me some time to figure out how it works).

I Programed in Elpaso County stuff, Colorado Springs stuff, AMR Freq (nothing has come up yet), State patrol (this area), Manitou, Fountian and the Military stuff (nothing has come up). It is still a work in progress but all in all I am happy with the new radio.

I am going to try some of the other programming packages and scanner control software that I can get without having to pay any moner for it (I am cheep and spent the rent money on the radio).

I would tell any one with the money and some what of a radio nut (like me), get one.

I know that some out on the web do not like the radio and that is ok. I have both PRO-96 and now the BCD396T both are great radios.

I spend a lot of time with the radio at home and at work this is a great addition.

Alex

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Alex, are you gonna make it the meeting on the 19th? Hope so! =)

Erik

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Hello from Spgs.

Good luck on getting the military bases working there are several of us working on them. The only one that works most of the time is AFA. If you need any help just ask. If you find anything new let us know. Mark

USASA

Military Stuff

I get AFA and Peterson new freq's, only when I am in the Springs when I am home I can't get them. That is even when I use my outside antenna. The signal meter shows 2 or 3 signal.

The radio in general is very good. I use the Uniden software to program it. I use the free program Advanced Virtual Control BCD396T to run the radio on the computer (can't afford the other pay for software. I was lucky to get the wife to let me buy the radio).

The only broblems I see is the AGC is too slow and so is the scan rate. I also wish it ran off of 12 volts power adaptor/transformer. Wish it used a BNC on the antenna. But that is all I have found as of now. I have some things I don't like with my PRO-96 but I work arround them also.

I like the small size, the display, computer port, the audio and in general I like the radio very much ( it could be cheeper).

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.