Boulder/CUPD Platinum Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

CUPD recently added the Platinum channel to their lineup. Previously they only had Silver, which was used for PD dispatch, and Gold, wich was used for Parking/Night security. Platinum is going to be used as a car to car channel for both PD and parking. Clearances for PD will be moved from Silver to Gold. Now the real question, what is the frequency for the new ch? At my job, we currently have radios to communicate on Gold and Silver, but I was informed that we will not be getting the platinum channel. If anyone knows what the new frequency is, please let me know.

-Steve

Steve2003

I guess we do not have the "Platinum Package" at work for our radios! Their channels sound like Comcast Cable packages!

Steve2003

Sorry, no DVR package. But they did get caller ID (some sort of status squak at the end of each transmission), and an orange emergency button that can be heard at the end of each transmission. The platinum channel and the status system must be the big radio change that they were talking about. (Sorry folks who thought they were going DTRS. I know I was one of them!) Still hunting for the platinum channel. In an old database, I had 154.89 listed as CUPD 2. Maby this is the Platinum channel?

-Steve

EDIT------
Anyone know what that squak is called and if there is any software that can decode it? I know that Boulder PD uses it as well.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
If CUPD is carrying Moto's then it's MDC signalling. If it's Kenwood (Like the City PD use) then it's fleetsync signalling.

Good move that they are staying VHF with their neighbors.

Phil.

Steve2003

They have Moto radios. I found out that platinum is simplex, and does not have a repeater. They are using MDC1200 for their signaling. Does anyone know if there is any soundcard or discriminator tap software that will decode the protocol? I just started last night with CUPD and will soon have my hands on one of their radios. As soon as I get my BCD396t back from repair, I will use close call to find out what the platinum channel is.

-Steve

skipshark773

My guess would be that the platnum channel is the 154.890 you stated above. If you check the FCC database licence it shows up as a simplex frequency and the notes state that it is used by CU Boulder PD. As far as MDC1200 goes, I dont know of any method of decoding it other than being in your respective dispatch center and looking over someones shoulder at the CAD monitors... ;) but here is a good webpage with alot of info just on MDC1200: http://www.batlabs.com/mdc1200.html

Steve2003

Looking at one of the PD radios tonight, it appears that they now have a channel labeled "DTRS Blue NE". I am assuming that this is part of the Network First system. Does anyone know what the vhf frequencies are? I am still waiting for my 396 to arrive back.

polymorph7

Greetings,

I do not know if this is the same blue channel, but here is one I ran across online.

BLUE - CITY OF BOULDER DISPATCH 156.1350 PL 179.9

As the only scanner available to me is almost old enough to vote, I have no access to trunking, talk group or other kinds of data that might give more information.

I hope this helps.

PS - I just noticed that this is already in the database here, so it probably isn't the one you are looking for... Oh well :)

And to give credit where credit is due, I found that information on Chris Rodgers page and I just noticed that he already posted in this thread.... Sigh. I think I should just kill my post or go to bed......

Last edited:

skipshark773

the blue that is being referred to is from the Network First system. I know the assignment for the DTRS TG is in the database, i dont know what VHF channel it would patch to in the boulder portables though. Maybe the old CSP TAC?

resq197

Was anyone ever able to identify the freq for this? I haven't heard any references to it when monitoring Silver and Gold so it doesn't sound like it's heavilly used in any case.

-Brian

Steve2003

It is programmed in their radios, but they rarely use it. I have not had much time for the hobby, but I will work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.