Something new perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorph7

Greetings,

I have a group of frequencies in a bank that I scan through when I am just listening to see if one of them will all of a sudden become active.

One of them just started a few hours ago becoming extremely active -151.100

I checked the database and, of course my favorite, the Scanlist :) and it says:

ELBERT COUNTY [POLICE] 151.1000 F-1 Dispatch

Now for months, not a sound on this frequency. And to be quite honest, as a relative newcomer to Colorado, I am not quit sure where Elbert County is or where it is in relationship to me.

The signals are not strong, but I can hear them fine - dispatch and remotes.

So, if it is not Elbert County active all of a sudden, I wonder what it is???

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Elbert County isn't a very active place, especially for fire. Not surprising that you hadn't heard much of anything from them in the past...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
firescannerbob said:
Elbert County isn't a very active place, especially for fire. Not surprising that you hadn't heard much of anything from them in the past...

Come on now Elizabeth and Kiowa now have paid firefighters, but anyways 151.100 is just Elbert County SO, fire depts are dispatched on 155.325 mainly.

Also a move to DTRS is underway out that way as well.

Jim<

polymorph7

Greetings,

This is definately police. Requests for plate number checks, etc. Remotes using numbers like '21' "1230". A few minutes ago a request for one person to go to tac 2.

Running a plate number at this moment going to a bolo for someone impersonating a police officer in Parker.

All I know is that I have nothing else to do but listen to my radio and there was nothing on here that I could hear up till a few hours ago. So, more power? Something else? I have no idea...

polymorph7

Um, hmmm....

Wesminster-Arvada-Denver, nothing like Aspen :)

Just a frequency that I have had scanning for a while without a sound and then tonight, all of sudden, lots of activity. Was wondering what it was and why all of a sudden.

Gotta look at a map and figure out where this Elbert County is :)

polymorph7

Since I have no idea where it is and you obviously do, I will be happy to take your word for it :)

All I know is it is 151.100 and I never heard anything on it till tonight. Hey! Maybe it is that elusive boulder platinum channel that was asked about in another thread???

Nah, too easy :)

Last edited:

eyes00only

polymorph7 said:
All I know is it is 151.100 and I never heard anything on it till tonight. Hey! Maybe it is that elusive boulder platinum channel that was asked about in anothe thread???

That would be some good detective work if it is!

Jerry

eyes00only

I tried to post a neat Colorado Counties map that I have on my pc, but it is not in a format that will work. Elbert County is Southeast of Denver, East of Douglas County & South of Arapahoe County. I just entered 151.100, and will see if I can figure it out tomorrow. Time to hit the sack now. GO BRONCOS !!!

Jerry

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
polymorph7 said:
Since I have no idea where it is and you obviously do, I will be happy to take your word for it :)

All I know is it is 151.100 and I never heard anything on it till tonight. Hey! Maybe it is that elusive boulder platinum channel that was asked about in another thread???

Nah, too easy :)

There is a good chance you are hearing Elbert County SO they were pretty busy last night and I monitor them routinely from the Arvada area.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
151.100 is Elbert S.O. has been for years. No it's NOT the platinum channel. State is not licensed for that frequency however Fort Collins is licensed for it as an input to the 156.120 street department repeater. Don't think sand trucks need clearances.

Anyway VHF radio conditions were real good last night. I was hearing some distant signals much better than usual up here. Caught Blackhawk bus drivers last night on 151.385 talking about today's game and other assorted topics. ( Real exciting stuff eh?)

Phil.

Last edited:

Tazcop

Elbert County

They are working on the new comm center, thay have had some major problems with the Elizabeth and Simla Towers going down. (that sucked for Officer Safety) I was told that when it comes up it should be pushing 100 watts.

The 1200 units are Elizabeth, The 900 units are Kiowa PD, the Sam units are Simla PD. The SO uses 2 digit numbers behind an alpha designator, P-Patrol, I-investigations, D-Detentions.

polymorph7

Greetings,

You know, Phil, if I may be so forward as to call you by your first name :), I think you hit the nail on the head - propagation...

I have been in this hobby - mostly shortwave and then scanning - since the late 50's early 60's and I somehow forget that propagation conditions affect even the higher frequencies. Just never crosses what's left of my mind :)

As for the boulder platinum statement - I KNEW it wasn't, it was just a joke :)

Tazcop

Elbert County Update

I found out the SO had to evacuate thier inmates Sunday and Monday due to the mold issues. The Com center got moved yesterday and the Simla tower is down, they are using the 800's.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Tazcop said:
I found out the SO had to evacuate thier inmates Sunday and Monday due to the mold issues. The Com center got moved yesterday and the Simla tower is down, they are using the 800's.

Tazcop that has been in the Denver Papers the last few days that Elbert County jail was evacuated.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.