Help with Unknown Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfrench

On my Pro-96 I am getting a couple of unknown alpha Id's of MOT:00011 and sometimes MOT:00013. What are these and how are they being picked up if I have the bank closed.

It is comming thru on my Douglas county bank.
I have the exact same data on my 2096 and I do not get these transmissions.

Thanks for the help.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
gfrench said:
On my Pro-96 I am getting a couple of unknown alpha Id's of MOT:00011 and sometimes MOT:00013. What are these and how are they being picked up if I have the bank closed.

It is comming thru on my Douglas county bank.
I have the exact same data on my 2096 and I do not get these transmissions.

Thanks for the help.

Those would be Thornton PD talk groups and what the Pro-96 especially has a habit of doing even in closed mode is picking up stray id's once in a while. It's especially cool when you are locked on a talk group trying to monitor an incident and the traffic for a traffic stop comes over that fire channel or some such.

Jim<

gfrench

The other thing that is interesting, when I lock that channel or channels out and download back to WIN96 to see where it is comming from, it locks a couple Douglas County FD which is I guess is South Metro correct. I have the new South Metro ID's in another bank and it seems to be ok. Is Douglas County running as addtional dept?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
gfrench said:
The other thing that is interesting, when I lock that channel or channels out and download back to WIN96 to see where it is comming from, it locks a couple Douglas County FD which is I guess is South Metro correct. I have the new South Metro ID's in another bank and it seems to be ok. Is Douglas County running as addtional dept?

Douglas County has no FD per se, DCSO still dispatches Castle Rock, Parker, Cunningham, Franktown, Larkspur, Jackson 105, West Douglas Fire Departments.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Which firmware version is your PRO-96?

Those TG's that get locked out of your scanlists when you lockout the 0011 and 0013 TG's in closed mode don't happen to be 1035 and 1037.

If that is the case then welcome to the "TalkGroup Image" problem.:mad:

TG "images" are either +/- 512 or +/- 1024 from the stored TG in your scanlists. It looks like it's - 1024 from your Douglas TG's in your scanlist.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.