DPD TGs Get Much Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkaskavitch

I've been using my BCD436 to tune into the Denver Police from Lowry for the last few weeks. I haven't heard much of any activity except on the dispatch frequencies? I'm not sure if that traffic (gang task force, detectives etc.) is now mostly on their Nextel's or if my rubber duck is part of the problem.

Anyone provide insight?

vinzep491

If you can hear the DISP tg's just fine the problem is not in your antenna setup. They are using a simulcast system with only one control channel system wide, so if you can hear one TG ok, you can receive anything on the TRS on any active TG's.

mkaskavitch

If you can hear the DISP tg's just fine the problem is not in your antenna setup. They are using a simulcast system with only one control channel system wide, so if you can hear one TG ok, you can receive anything on the TRS on any active TG's.

Thanks for the reply. I've just been surprised that I've seen no activity on TG's except for dispatch.

dw2872

You should at least be getting the DPD Clearance TG (Clear-1) almost always active with cars from all over the city asking for administrative type things. CLEAR-1 is on TG-692 (05-064).

The DPD Traffic Ops TGs are also pretty active during the day too, with at least one being active at any given time.
TO-1 TG-625 (04-141)
TO-2 TG-626 (04-142)
TO-3 TG-630 (04-146)
TO-4 TG-631 (04-147)

Lots of others, such as the district TAC channels, get busy when they have incidents in each district.

mkaskavitch

You should at least be getting the DPD Clearance TG (Clear-1) almost always active with cars from all over the city asking for administrative type things. CLEAR-1 is on TG-692 (05-064).

The DPD Traffic Ops TGs are also pretty active during the day too, with at least one being active at any given time.
TO-1 TG-625 (04-141)
TO-2 TG-626 (04-142)
TO-3 TG-630 (04-146)
TO-4 TG-631 (04-147)

Lots of others, such as the district TAC channels, get busy when they have incidents in each district.

I'm able to hear activity on Clearances-1, but my BCD436 won't pick it up when scanning the Denver Police Department database, I'm unsure why that is. I'll lock on that TG and wait for activity, then scan IDs but it wont stop on anything but dispatch TGs. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.