Boulder County

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

Who keeps submiting wrong changes for Boulder County? I don't know where this information gets jacked up, but its not even worth having it listed if it keeps getting changed. Red-6 is not 153.950 and it is also not a repeater. This is one of the very many WRONG listings that I have seen updated recently.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
Who keeps submiting wrong changes for Boulder County? I don't know where this information gets jacked up, but its not even worth having it listed if it keeps getting changed. Red-6 is not 153.950 and it is also not a repeater. This is one of the very many WRONG listings that I have seen updated recently.

Try 154.370 for Red 6 Mike but I do believe it's repeated.

Jim<

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
Try 154.370 for Red 6 Mike but I do believe it's repeated.

Jim<

Yea, I just don't understand where some of this info comes from. If you look at the Boulder County listings, it was updated today to have this info. It has 153.950 as Red-6 and 154.370 as Red-5. Hmmmm..

-Red 6 can be repeated or used as a simplex tactical channel. Rx is 154.3700 and Tx in repeater mode is 153.7700.
-High Country Fire Rx is right as well but I'm not sure if that one is repeated like it says and i'm not sure about the pl it has listed. I've from the county as it being 179.9.
-Lafayettes Correct.
-Sugarloaf is right but I show that one as being CSQ only.
-Pridemark Admin is Correct
-Pridemark Events should be 159.585 DPL 251.
-JAIL VHF should be 154.8450 PL of 114.8
-Red 5 is correct.
-Yellow 2 freq is correct and the PL for reference is 123.0
-Louisville PD tac is correct
-I can't comment about the new RMR one because I haven't heard of that one.
-And for the city of Longmont ones I can't comment either because I don't listen to those.

dougjgray

Another thing thats weird is 155.535 as Boulder County Fire Central Dispatch (Gun Barrel, 179.9 PL on input) but I hear Sheridan Fire Dispatch on that are tey both using that frequency

resq197

I submitted some of the changes, maybe there were a couple typeo’s...

Red 6 is correct as Chris mentioned; note that it is listed properly in the county section.

The High Country channel is correct, I heard them this weekend both on the repeater and on direct as well as on the repeater input.

I’ve heard Sugarloaf units using 154.250 with a 179.9 PL. This makes sense as Bennett Fire Dispatch is also on this frequency and it comes in relatively strong in Boulder especially if you gain some altitude like up in Sugarloaf’s District.

The Pridemark Events channel is correct in Chris’s post as is the Jail channel (the input is also correct in the db).

RMR’s repeater is actually 159.2325 (not sure if they’re actually using narrowband) and it’s pretty active on any of their missions.

dougjgray said:
Another thing thats weird is 155.535 as Boulder County Fire Central Dispatch (Gun Barrel, 179.9 PL on input) but I hear Sheridan Fire Dispatch on that are tey both using that frequency

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually 155.535 PL 141.3 is Red 1 North (Mead Rptr)
-154.2200 PL 141.3 is Red 1 Central (Gunbarrel)
-151.3550 PL 179.9 is Red 1 South

M

mpg0515

resq197 said:
I submitted some of the changes, maybe there were a couple typeo’s...

Red 6 is correct as Chris mentioned; note that it is listed properly in the county section.

The High Country channel is correct, I heard them this weekend both on the repeater and on direct as well as on the repeater input.

I’ve heard Sugarloaf units using 154.250 with a 179.9 PL. This makes sense as Bennett Fire Dispatch is also on this frequency and it comes in relatively strong in Boulder especially if you gain some altitude like up in Sugarloaf’s District.

The Pridemark Events channel is correct in Chris’s post as is the Jail channel (the input is also correct in the db).

RMR’s repeater is actually 159.2325 (not sure if they’re actually using narrowband) and it’s pretty active on any of their missions.

I am not trying to bash on anyones input to the database, I just don't see why this info gets so badly messed up. At one point it was all correct. Then someone submits a few little changes and then you have some database admin in another state that makes the changes even more wrong.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
dougjgray said:

Yes. 155.535 was the Sheridan PD channel till they moved to DTRS. They are using it for paging Sheridan Fire these days with a PL of 131.8

155.535 for BRCC RED-1 simulcast is confirmed off of the Mead tower.

Phil.

dougjgray

Thats true I guess mead is far enough away that there wouldnt be interference. I live pretty close to sheridan so thats why I here them :)

M

mpg0515

chris_a_rodgers said:
-Red 6 can be repeated or used as a simplex tactical channel. Rx is 154.3700 and Tx in repeater mode is 153.7700.
-High Country Fire Rx is right as well but I'm not sure if that one is repeated like it says and i'm not sure about the pl it has listed. I've from the county as it being 179.9.
-Lafayettes Correct.
-Sugarloaf is right but I show that one as being CSQ only.
-Pridemark Admin is Correct
-Pridemark Events should be 159.585 DPL 251.
-JAIL VHF should be 154.8450 PL of 114.8
-Red 5 is correct.
-Yellow 2 freq is correct and the PL for reference is 123.0
-Louisville PD tac is correct
-I can't comment about the new RMR one because I haven't heard of that one.
-And for the city of Longmont ones I can't comment either because I don't listen to those.

Yes, I am questioning SUBMISSIONS......... Mostly database changes. Red-5 is NOT CORRECT. 153.950 is Red-5 NOT RED-6. Forget it, close this forum. I am just glad that I have the right information. "I would sure like to spread the wrong frequencys!@!"

153.770 with a PL of 167.9 is the input/pl to the Wellington FPD Rawhide Repeater, so again ACCURACY would be nice. I know that this is just a hobby but........you know what I mean!

Last edited:

RISC777

Mike,
I understand it can frustrating (or worse), but for me I would rather have someone such as yourself correct information if/when necessary so that when I want to lookup, research, double-check something I'm able to access accurate data. If nothing else, even now it's been helpful to me to read and re-read that 'list' of what's what concerning Boulder/Coulder County.
DM

M

mpg0515

RISC777 said:
Mike,
I understand it can frustrating (or worse), but for me I would rather have someone such as yourself correct information if/when necessary so that when I want to lookup, research, double-check something I'm able to access accurate data. If nothing else, even now it's been helpful to me to read and re-read that 'list' of what's what concerning Boulder/Coulder County.
DM

My concern is that, too many people are submitting to much info. This information gets entered into the database, no questions asked. So say example, I am a new scannist, I pick up my first transmission of the Larimer County SO. 155.130, oh that is the clearance channel, "I think I'll submit that to the RR Database as soon as I can." when really it is the dispatch channel. I think that I have said enough, I don't seem to be getting through.

I think that here on the RR, the database should only be updated if the info is referenced according to the FCC licenses. I think that this is done somewhat, but not enough. The only freqs that you are going to hear are the ones that are licensed.... other than that they are illegal. Those can be interesting too, I guess.

Again, I am glad I have the right info. I just want others to have the same.

mpg0515 said:
Yes, I am questioning SUBMISSIONS......... Mostly database changes. Red-5 is NOT CORRECT. 153.950 is Red-5 NOT RED-6. Forget it, close this forum. I am just glad that I have the right information. "I would sure like to spread the wrong frequencys!@!"

Somebody needs to call the Boulder County Communications Techs. Because all of us who use red 5 in the county have 153.95 as red 5 in our radios. Also all the other scanning pages I've seen show Red 5 as being this. I'm just stating this, not trying to start an argument.

Last edited:

rfburns

mpg0515 said:
I think that here on the RR, the database should only be updated if the info is referenced according to the FCC licenses.

Unfortunately agencies do not always set up repeaters the way they are licensed. Larimer County and the town of Hayden (W Routt Fire) have both had the input and output frequencies backwards in the past. An agency in the San Luis Valley had their pair backwards.

Another agency in the Valley just recently before going to the DTR had transposed the numbers in one of their frequencies and was not using what was on their license. Another agency programmed their radios for 156.xxx when their license said 155.xxx. In these cases monitoring is more accurate than what is on the FCC license. I realize these cases are few and far between. I just want to point out that what's on the license may not be what's in use.

AngelFire91

Database Admin
mpg0515 said:
I am not trying to bash on anyones input to the database, I just don't see why this info gets so badly messed up. At one point it was all correct. Then someone submits a few little changes and then you have some database admin in another state that makes the changes even more wrong.
I made the changes to the database with this last submission. The submission got to me in a professional manner and looked like the information was confirmed. Let me say that Boulder county is one of the most messed up counties in the Colorado Database and it's currently on my list of things to take care of as far as cleaning it up and making it more standard to the rest of the database. I am usually the only admin around for colorado but for some reason Boulder got worked with out my knowing by another admin and it seems to have gotten cluster f^@ked. I have lived in Colorado for more then 20 years and still live there today, I'm only gone a couple of months a year for my job, and most of the other admins are from there respective states, it is only the systemwide admins that are not local to their area. All the admins do a wounderful job, and everyone of them do their best to confirm information and ask questions when appropreate. We get hundreds of submissions a day and obviously some wrong information is going to get by, we can't filter everything and every submission that ever comes through. Not to mention a lot of submissions come in from people that don't read the submissions guidlines which only make our jobs harder. The guidlines are not there to just look at, they actually do help us as admins confirm and work submissions faster. We get emails everyday complaining that the submissions haven't be put in fast enough or are not being worked, I assure you they are but when submissions come in not according to guidlines it makes our jobs that much harder and slows the whole proccess down. I have passed over some submissions in the past because they are not easy or totally clear and never received a response to confirm them.

In short, We do our best, we do really care about the information and the members on Radioreference.com and were working to improve everyday. Since Boulder county is on my list of things to do, please submit the correct information in the form of the guidlines and catagorize by new or correction, and I will do my best to get the information in correctly and hopefully fast.
example:
Corrections:
xxx.xxxxx xxx.xxxxx Boulder county blah blah blah
xxx.xxxxx xxx.xxxxx Boulder fire blah blah
New:
xxx.xxxx xxx.xxxxx Boulder Blah blah blah

I appreciate your cooperation and willingness to keep the database as accruate as possible, lets keep it up.

Kevin,
Database Admin for Colorado

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Well first I would like to say that my above comments were not directed to any one person in particular nor were they intended to be. I would like to also say that I must give credit to the other Colorado admins; Erik (Abqscan), and Greenthumb. They do a wounderful job and in no way was I in line to say I'm one of the only ones or to insinuate that one of them messed up the database. I would like to extend a public apology to the admins and members of Radioreference for my comments above. The problems that have presented themselves within Boulder county have been a collective effort of us all, to include submitters, trying to do our best in making the database easy to understand and accurate. I do not know the other Admins personally other then my dealings with them here on Radioreference and it has been my experiance we are all united by the same motivation to provide great information and services to the users of Radioreference. If I have offended or discouraged anyone please feel free to PM me with your comments and we can rectify them personally.

I have been in contact with Chris_A_Rodgers and now have a file with all of the correct information reguarding Boulder County and I will be updating and adding as appropreate if you have any further information or idea's please feel free to share them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.