Making Sticky Threads for DTRS and Major Events

Should the board have sticky's for DTRS and/or Incidents?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skipshark773

Hey all,
I have noticed that alot of messages on the board are either about DTRS TG's or Major Incidents or events that are occuring. On the MD board we had made a sticky for Major incidents and events which kinda helped keep all the incidents in one place. I was thinking that the CO board could benifit from such a practice, with one thread for DTRS stuff and the other for incidents/events. Thoughts?

[edit]: this was the first time i created a poll to go along with a message, so i apologize in advance if its not a good one...

Last edited:

polymorph7

Rather than just voting, I thought I would give you a little feedback on the reasons for my vote - especially being a sometimes garrulous old man :)

First I want to thank you for putting up the poll - anytime anyone participates and allows more people to get involved I think it's a good thing!

Now, I will be voting no. Why?

As my scanner is from 1989-90, I have no talkgroups, trunking, digital, etc. And since I will never, in what is left of this life, be able to afford a new scanner, such issues are not ones I can have a fair say about.

So that is not why I am voting no.

The major incident part is what I am truly voting no about. What is a major incident? Who defines it? Who would then be able to make such a thread a sticky?

For example, when Jim does his fabulous reports of serious situations involving fire/ems/police/airlifts/etc, we all can see that those are indeed serious incidents.

But what about the innocent post I made yesterday concerning a newly born child being ferried to a hospital by airlift? I know, I know, there are probably people that think it was a wasted post and only one person replied. But lots of people read it. And what if, for whatever reason, it engendered more discussion or comment, would it have all of a sudden become an 'incident' worthy of a sticky?

Therefore, while I appreciate your interest in putting up the poll, I will be voting no.

This is such a great place to learn and, for someone like me, to live vicariously with this hobby through all you informed and technologically capable folks.

I just hope I didn't upset too many people by responding in this way....

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The problem I see with "stickys" on some forums is that there are SO many sticky's, you've got to scroll WAY down to find a new topic.
I don't mind stickys for temporary things (get togethers, etc), but not for stuff that seems to come up all the time anyways.

skipshark773

Im glad to see that people are participating. I dont know if the MD major incident thread actually got turned into a sticky. I just remember it being something that was there. I just wanted to put the idea out there and see what people thought...thanks for participating everyone.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I voted NO! Sticky's should be reserved for really important events or subjects, like scanner meetings! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.