Littleton Fire - New Alert Tone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I went and pulled several hours of the online archives to hear for myself. It sounds like some classic Motorola tone pulled from Emergency! or something of the sort! I think Littleton was due for the dispatch console replacements this month, so maybe they changed their tones in the transition. It sounds like Cunningham still has their old tones.

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
I went and pulled several hours of the online archives to hear for myself. It sounds like some classic Motorola tone pulled from Emergency! or something of the sort! I think Littleton was due for the dispatch console replacements this month, so maybe they changed their tones in the transition. It sounds like Cunningham still has their old tones.

LFR upgraded their CAD and radio consoles this week and went away from the VHF tones being transmitted across DTR. LFR is using the emergency style tone and Cunningham has a shorter alert than before but with a similar pitch.

The CAD upgrade is a part of the JACC project. MetCom went live last week, LFR yesterday and Evergreen will go live today. Arvada & West Metro will go live in the near future.

dw2872

For those that are not in love with acronyms, JACC stands for Jefferson-Arapahoe Consolidated CAD, overseen by MetCom and was expected to be completed by Fall 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.