Denver - 2 men impersonating police officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorph7

Jerry, as you may have forgotten, my 17 year old scanner has no trunking or talk groups. How I heard is by, as I always do, sitting in my chair listening to my scanner almost 24/7 :) Not much else for me to do :)

I reported it as I caught it.

polymorph7

Bite? You don't have to bite :)

Was in the bank with the 24 denver police frequencies. As I have no talkgroups, they just rotate. Wish I could be more specific, but as this is all the equipment I have or will most likely ever have, this is the best I can do.

Just trying to alert those of you with the newer equipment what might be going on as it happens. Don't want to clutter the forum, but I thought it is the only way I can actually try to participate....

Scan-Denver

Ahhh ok, no offense intended !

Maybe you would be interested in joining us for our little get together in Parker on Feb 19th ?? You can find all the details at this link.

polymorph7

Didn't take any offense :) Can't even see anything there to offend anybody, Bill :)

As to the meet, gee, I'd love to! Unfortunately, mobility is not my strong suit these days.

It would be nice to meet people and to have real PIZZA!!! Haven't had any since NYC a decade ago or so. These days food for me is pretty much ramen noodles and a salad as my food budget is 2-3 bucks a day:) Trust me, permenent disability checks are not big, hahahaha :)

But, since my eyes are pretty much shot for driving, that would mean trying the buses. And ignoring the fact that buses don't run much on Sundays, well, a bus trip from me to Parker would probably take daysssssssssss :)

So, once again, I shall have to live vicariously though y'all. Make sure you describe each and every detail, Bill :)

I'm counting on you!

Last edited:

Scan-Denver

polymorph7 said:
Didn't take any offense :) Can't even see anything there to offend anybody, Bill :)

As to the meet, gee, I'd love to! Unfortunately, mobility is not my strong suit these days.

It would be nice to meet people and to have real PIZZA!!! Haven't had any since NYC a decade ago or so. These days food for me is pretty much ramen soup and a salad as my food budget is 2-3 bucks a day:) Trust me, permenent disability checks are not big, hahahaha :)

But, since my eyes are pretty much shot for driving, that would mean trying the buses. And ignoring the fact that buses don't run much on Sundays, well, a bus trip from me to Parker would probably take daysssssssssss :)

So, once again, I shall have to live vicariously though y'all. Make sure you describe each and every detail, Bill :)

I'm counting on you!
Ok buddy, I'll do what I can to break it all down for ya and keep you in the loop !

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
polymorph7 said:
One in t-shirt with many tats. Pulling over cars in traffic. Claiming to be police - ARMED with handguns

KUSA led there 10pm newscast with your story, but I'm sure you already saw that.

Jim<

polymorph7

Nope. Missed it :) Hardly ever turn on the tube any more - picture with rabbit ears is horrible :)

But thanks for telling me - I'll look on their website and see if they have the story there!

eyes00only

OOPS, For some reason I didn't get subscribed to this post. I was watching some movies, and missed it all. polymorph7 / Thanks for the posts, and I will try to remember your situation in the future.

Jerry :cool:

polymorph7

My pleasure, Jerry. Gives me something to do and hopefully by contributing and participating in this way, might be helpful a bit.

As for my situation, nothing to worry about. Gotta do my best to live it out until I get to bug out :)

My cat is depending on me!

polymorph7

You were right, Jim, of course, it DID make the news :) And here's the story, credit goes to the Denver Post.

----------

Article Launched: 02/05/2006 01:00:00 AM

Cop impersonator pulls over driver

By Karen Augé
Denver Post Staff Writer

Commerce City police are looking for a tattooed man - dressed in a white T-shirt, dark coveralls with the sleeves cut off and wearing a black baseball cap - who claimed to be a police officer as he pulled over a car and tried to force the driver from the vehicle Saturday night.

The intended victim told police that he pulled over near Brighton Boulevard and York Street around 7 p.m. after a dark, older-model coupe flashed its lights at him several times.

The victim said a man approached his car and said he was a police officer.

When the driver questioned the suspect, the suspect asked the man to get out of his car.

The driver refused and drove off. The suspect did not follow.

The driver described the suspect as 6 feet tall, in his late 20s or early 30s, with a dark goatee, muscular build and tattoo-covered arms, according to Commerce City police.

Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said the victim didn't know if the impersonator was armed.

Sandoval said officers aren't sure if this suspect is connected to several other cases of police impersonation that have occurred recently in the metro area.

"We just don't have enough information to tie him to any other incidents," Sandoval said.

Police advise anyone who isn't sure of a police officer's identity to ask to see a badge and identification card. Anyone pulled over by an unmarked police car should turn into a well-lit, populated area, or call 911 to confirm that it is a police car.

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.