DTRS Use Vs. VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

During today's MVA with the snowplow on I-70 in Summit Co., TG 8104 (CRCC 1) was on 10-33 traffic for about an hour. During that time all CSP 4B traffic was moved to VHF. Seems like a waste of the DTR system when a different CRCC TG or State Ops 1 or 2 could have been used by 4B. One Cpl said his VHF radio didn't work anymore.

What do they do in Dist 2 or 3 when they have prolonged 10-33 traffic?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
rfburns said:
During today's MVA with the snowplow on I-70 in Summit Co., TG 8104 (CRCC 1) was on 10-33 traffic for about an hour. During that time all CSP 4B traffic was moved to VHF. Seems like a waste of the DTR system when a different CRCC TG or State Ops 1 or 2 could have been used by 4B. One Cpl said his VHF radio didn't work anymore.

What do they do in Dist 2 or 3 when they have prolonged 10-33 traffic?

Rarely hear 10-33 for longer than a few minutes down here during a pursuit or during a felony stop and then they lift it.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
jimmnn said:
Rarely hear 10-33 for longer than a few minutes down here during a pursuit or during a felony stop and then they lift it.

Jim<
Pretty much the same here.
In CSP District 2, each section (2A, 2B, 2D, etc) has its own tac channel. Units can switch to those during the brief times there is 10-33 traffic. I imagine that the cars here still have VHF radios, but not sure if they're even used anymore.

Troop

We switch to a different channel or State 3. Dispatch consoles do not have the Tac channels.

Troop

We had to have some way to sneak around before the MDC came back!

Status
Not open for further replies.