Need help programming an XTS5000 on VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

I've recently purchased an XTS5000 VHF (no trunking / system keys to mess with)

The seller provided a codeplug before the sale, but I'm not having much luck figuring out how to program the Tx and Rx in to the Conventional Personalities. The CPS seems correct, and is current, but the option literally does not show up on the programming screen. I have programmed an XTS3000 and didn't have any issues using that CPS.

I'm going with the thought that this is just out of my skill-set.

How much $$$ would it cost me to have someone see if they can figure it out, as well as provide tutoring for future codeplug tweeks on my own.

Offers?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I've recently purchased an XTS5000 VHF (no trunking / system keys to mess with)

The seller provided a codeplug before the sale, but I'm not having much luck figuring out how to program the Tx and Rx in to the Conventional Personalities. The CPS seems correct, and is current, but the option literally does not show up on the programming screen. I have programmed an XTS3000 and didn't have any issues using that CPS.

I'm going with the thought that this is just out of my skill-set.

How much $$$ would it cost me to have someone see if they can figure it out, as well as provide tutoring for future codeplug tweeks on my own.

Offers?

Thanks

The XTS5000 uses different CPS than the XTS3000. If you don't have it, then it will need to be purchased from Motorola by signing up on MOL online, paying and downloading it. You get 3 years of updates. Acquiring the CPS from any other source would be an an illegal copy. Do the right thing like most of us and buy software from Motorola. Or try and fine a Motorola radio shop to program it for you, $50 is in the ballpark for the work.

Moosemedic

That wasn't helpful at all, but thanks for lurking...

I have a licensed and registered copy of the correct CPS, legitimately purchased...My POINT was that I had programmed several models, including one very similar. That one being the XTS3000. Not only that, but I purchased the correct cable for the XTS5000, as it has a different pinout than the 3000's.

I was looking for someone familiar with the 5000 models that can help me figure where to change the Tx and Rx... for example, the VERY helpful person that let me know that the field I was looking for is actually at the bottom of the tree, under Zone / Channel < That was helpful

The XTS5000 uses different CPS than the XTS3000. If you don't have it, then it will need to be purchased from Motorola by signing up on MOL online, paying and downloading it. You get 3 years of updates. Acquiring the CPS from any other source would be an an illegal copy. Do the right thing like most of us and buy software from Motorola. Or try and fine a Motorola radio shop to program it for you, $50 is in the ballpark for the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.