Chatfield Thru the Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Littleton FD using Ops 4 (1859) for the dive call at Chatfield, you don't hear that used very often, also Park Rangers are on that id with them no surprise as there already on DTRS. But West Metro Dive 2 just came up on that id direct, did not seem like a patch so guess at least some of WMFR is carrying DTRS as well as there Edacs system these days.

Jim<

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
West Metro has always maintained radio links w/ South Metro for their overlapping coverage of areas like Chatfield, I believe.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
datainmotion said:
West Metro has always maintained radio links w/ South Metro for their overlapping coverage of areas like Chatfield, I believe.

This was links with Littleton FD, not South Metro. And actually since LFD Station 16 opened the entire reservoir is Littleton Fires response area.

But I agree with your South Metro statement and thats mainly because of the West Metro station in Roxbourgh Park.

Jim<

fairrpe86

I think it is odd that WMFR has that in Roxborough. I dont see why Littleton or SMFR doesn't have it, it would make more sence for one of them to have it.

Last edited:

MikeyB

fairrpe86 said:
I think it is odd that WMFR has that in Roxborough. I dont see why Littleton or SMFR doesn't have it, it would make more sence for one of them to have it.

It's only been a part of West Metro since 1997, when the old volunteer department (units were 101 - Engine 101, Engine 102, Ambulance 101, Brush 101, etc) voted to merge with West Metro, similar to how Louviers (120's) voted to be joined with South Metro. I agree it doesn't make sense, since it is not attached to West Metro in any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.