Denver P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

Listening to Denver P25 and hearing on one the TG's that there telling some of there units to come and get there radio's reprogramed. Anyone hearing this?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
35127 - Dist 6
35094 - Dist 3
35116 - Dist 5
35083 - Dist 2

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...ver-ps-edacs-p25-system-cross-references.html for reference. I think the reason this information was never submitted to the database is because was used fairly rarely and only showed up when the radio techs were affiliates, which wasn't often back then. It was to prevent people from using MARC as their primary means of monitoring Denver.

Denver Public Safety EDACS and P25 system cross-reference info

When Denver dispatchers patched DPD District-1 dispatch with BLUE NE on the EDACS side the other night (for the incident where a possible homicide suspect bailed at a traffic stop), Steve B. noticed a patch go up on the Denver P25 side as well. So we combined patch logs from the P25 side that he had and some info from the EDACS side that I had and came up a tentative cross-reference for DPD dispatch TGs between the two systems. Most of the credit here goes to Steve.

EDACS TG..........P25 TG..........TG Name

529 (04-021)..........35072..........DPD D1 Dispatch
545 (04-041)..........35083..........DPD D2 Dispatch
561 (04-061)..........35094..........DPD D3 Dispatch
577 (04-081)..........35105..........DPD D4 Dispatch
593 (04-101)..........35116..........DPD D5 Dispatch
609 (04-121)..........35127..........DPD D6 Dispatch

On the EDACS system, each DPD district has 16 TGs, but on the P25 side it looks like each district will only have 11 TGs. This is why the numbers don't line up exactly between the two systems. They didn't use all 16 on the EDACS side anyway. Or if this is not the case then it may have something to do with the AFS to DECIMAL conversion math. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in.

We are also working on the cross-reference for the SAID patch TGs on both systems (and there are more patch TGs than are listed on the Radio Reference DB listing - we will get those added as well).

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...ver-ps-edacs-p25-system-cross-references.html for reference. I think the reason this information was never submitted to the database is because was used fairly rarely and only showed up when the radio techs were affiliates, which wasn't often back then and was to prevent people from using MARC as their primary means of monitoring Denver.

It still isn't a good way of primarily monitoring Denver as it requires someone to be listening to one of the Districts on P25, or else it's just silent. It could be a good time to submit some of these TGs to the DB now.

Can we hit Denver P25 up by Loveland? If so what would be the best Ctrl Channels to put in?

I have doubts, but it wouldn't hurt to see if you can hear the system. It's actually part of Metro Area Radio Cooperative (MARC), Site 606 Mount Morrison (Denver). All other sites do not carry Denver talkgroups.

jfab

Does this mean Denver is ditching their edacs system and moving to P25? Any ideas if this will be phase I or phase II / monitorable?

jonny290

I'd be shocked if Denver went to full crypto. This is a big city with the attendant violent crime, and there would be howls the first time an officer down couldn't get help because the key in his radio screwed up or whatever.

Sleepy Westminster's one thing, you can't have crypto gumming things up if you're patrolling east Colfax

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I believe that Denver has a desire to go fully encrypted, but it's not really known whether or not they will actually do so. As for moving to P25, it would appear to be a slow transition over rather than an overnight deal. I think they've had their P25 system online for around half a decade now and still haven't moved off EDACS.

Here's a brief analysis for Denver's side of MARC, many thanks to Steve and Dan for the data they've collected and shared for MARC.

Denver PD appears to be allocated talkgroups 35072 through 35192 so far. Note that allocated talkgroups does not mean they are actively used. In fact, a vast majority have never been seen on the P25 system. The ones that may appear once in while are the previously mentioned District talkgroups and Clearances-1 (35192), which are patched into the EDACS system. Those talkgroups will only be heard if either a radio tech or one of the parking units is on those talkgroups.

Any talkgroups from 35717 through 35928 appear to be allocated for City Services. The same note as above applies where a vast majority aren't used. The primary users of the P25 system appears to be Denver Library (35923) and now Denver Parking (35743-35745). It looks like Denver Trash (35756-35760) is testing out a few radios, but a majority of their operations is still on EDACS. You might also hear some Denver Street Maintenance patched through from EDACS (35750, 35752, and 35796) as Parking communicates with them for certain parking violations. 35717 through 35731 were formerly Denver Zoo talkgroups before they switched to their own radio system, so no idea what the future of those will be.

As for whatever is in between 35192 and 35717, nothing has been seen so far. I would guess some additional DPD and DFD talkgroups would end up filling this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.