ham users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
ive tried looking up online..
where in colorado are these -10m-6m-1.25m-25cm...being used??? Im not finding any users of these band lentghs.........are they being used in the state?-or anywhere?

ron cathers

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

401402 said:
ive tried looking up online..
where in colorado are these -10m-6m-1.25m-25cm...being used??? Im not finding any users of these band lentghs.........are they being used in the state?-or anywhere?

ron cathers

Yes, these bands are used all over the world. The 10 meter band (28-29Mhz) is almost like a CB (27Mhz). You will not hear a lot of hams on there unless the conditions are right. Most of 10 meter comms are on sideband. Usually the propogation is good for a long time and then it is not so good at all for a long time. You may hear some hams use 10 meters simplex FM but not likely since 2/440 are so much more easy to use, signals travel further with less power etc.. 6 meters (50-54Mhz) is the same. Conditions have to be just right for you to hear anyone at a distance. There are only a handful of repeaters in the bands that you have listed for Colorado. They just are not very popular bands of choice. There are a couple of 220Mhz repeaters in Colorado however this is the most rare band used. For your area there just isn't going to be a whole lot of activity. And again for 10 and 6 meters, SSB is moslty used for these bands so you would need a SSB capable receiver/transceiver. And don't forget a pretty good horizontal antenna, usually directional is the best.

Hope this helps a little..

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
thanks for trying -its all out of state repeaters though?

thanks for ur help-ron cathers

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the insight mike !!!!!!! -helps out quite a bit

M

mpg0515

401402 said:
thanks for the insight mike !!!!!!! -helps out quite a bit

Hey Ron, not quite sure what you are looking to hear up in your area but, those couple of hams that I mentioned K0VQ,K0RV,K0VK,K0SNO etc are actually very active up there. Most of them have Echolink Nodes (http://echolink.org/) and IRLP nodes (http://irlp.net/) connected to their repeaters on the 2/440 bands. Usually you will hear stations connect to them from all over the world. The ski area nodes are usually very popular... That is how I know these couple of hams, via IRLP through my repeater. I think again the best thing in your area would be to do a search for several hours of the 2/440 bands. You may be surprised what you end up with.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
stiil looking for any ham user's in pitkin or garfeild on here to step out of the shadows!!!

ron

Status
Not open for further replies.