Blue SW talkgroup on MARC, June 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Hello.

There was a Denver / Lakewood search this morning around Wadsworth & Dartmouth, from about 6:30-7:10am.

It was moved to Blue SW, but for some reason, it was coming up on talkgroup 474, not the expected 2290.

This was on the MARC system, Green Mountain site.

Does anyone have any insights into this unexpected talkgroup for Bluw SW?

Thanks,
Josh

tbiggums

Those 4xx talkgroups are patches. Uniden scanners aren't smart enough to know this, so you have to listen to the traffic on those patched talkgroups first and decide if it's something you're interested in, and temporarily locking it out if it's not what you want to hear.

The newer GRE/RS scanners are smart enough to know what to do with these patched talkgroups, so you can lock out the entire patch range on them, and you'll still hear the traffic on the usual talkgroups.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I beg to differ. My uniden 250, 296, 396T, 780 and 796 all showed the patching on the EDACS system where I used to live.

Why they don't do it here on the DTRS system is a good question since patches on the EPSO C channels happen quite often. I wish they would.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The MARC system is a Harris P25 system which the OP noted that BLUE S.W. showed up on one of their patch groups versus the normal talkgroup 2290.

Uniden, for whatever reason, has not implemented P25 patch tracking/following in their scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.